Chapter 21: End

"What does this mean?" An Jiu looked at the old man with cold eyes. What did they want to do?

"In short, you are the one we missed, the one of royal blood." The old man took a deep breath and looked at An Jiu seriously.

"..." An Jiu heard this, and his thoughts became a bit muddled, but when An'an subconsciously grasped his hand tightly, he very quickly returned to his right state of mind. An Jiu glanced at the portrait and said, "Continue."

The faces were like two peas in a pod. They were the same. If he did not know he was just a shadow guard, he might have thought he was the emperor's son.

"You were kidnapped after a birthday party when you were five years old. Do you have any recollection of your childhood?" The old man looked at him with some expectation in his eyes and a trace of uneasiness.

"I'm sorry, but from when I was that age, I only remember that my family was in a good condition, and the rest has been forgotten." An Jiu's face had no expression. There seemed to be some bitterness in his tone. "... After all, the first step in a shadow guard's training is brainwashing."

He could remember that he was not an orphan before he became a shadow guard. That was it, though. After all, the brainwashing at the shadow guard training camp was not so strong, and he was only five years old at that time.

"What... What? Shadow guard!" The old man's eyes were wide in disbelief.

Their royal highness, the most noble prince of the palace Dynasty, was actually trained to be a shadow guard after being taken away, a shadow guard who could not appear in front of people. The old man was so shaken that he could hardly calm down, and he was outraged.

"Ancestor!" the two men sitting beside the old man said nervously.

The old man waved at them, indicating that it was okay. He suppressed his anger, and he continued to explain to An Jiu. He said solemnly, "Your life... I will explain to you in detail when we return to your ancestral home. Now, I hope you will recognize that place."

"..." An Jiu frowned and didn't say a word; the amount of information was too large, it was too shocking to him, and he didn't know what to say.

"I hope you can think about it carefully. Your blood can't be changed. And you have an important person who you want to protect, don't you?" the old man pressed on.

He was not easy to find. If he refused, the old man might just spit blood!

Important person... An Jiu took a sideway glance at Xia Qian'an sitting next to him, and then he thought about the public opinions on the Internet before, his eyes dim.

Xia Qian'an was not calm at this time. He didn't expect that An Jiu would have such a past, royal blood...

Seeing An Jiu silent again, he felt some worry. An Jiu's mind was in chaos as well.

The two men beside the old man were quietly reducing their sense of existence and striving to become a part of the background.

Gong Lijing's father thought, 'Old ancestor, you said the secret history of the Gong's. Was that really wise?'

Gong Lijing thought, 'It turns out that the ancestor is royalty! Maybe this was the former prince in front of you. After all, he looks the same as the last emperor of the Gong family in the painting.. Plus he travelled through time... =_='

"When?" Finally, An Jiu opened his mouth. After all, he was a shadow guard. There was no benefit in lying. Moreover, he was strikingly similar to the people in the painting.