Chapter 19: Hospital Re-examination

It had been a month since the drama's completion, and it had been broadcaster for several weeks, but the hype had not decreased, and there was a rising trend. Even so, people didn't know anything about the two people's real lives. Paparazzi couldn't dig up anything. They were small stars with little background information. No matter how the outside world chattered, they both still had their own lives, and had not been affected at all.

"Ding~" The telephone rang suddenly in the living room.

"An Jiu..." Xia Qian'an was shocked by the sudden ringing of the bell, and his unhealthy pale face turned even whiter. Although there was a landline at their home, it had served only as a decoration. Usually, no-one would call, so Xia Qian'an was shocked by the sudden ringing of the landline.

"It's okay. Take a deep breath and relax." An Jiu touched Xia Qian'an's white face comfortingly.

Xia Qian'an's brain was a little muddled. Obviously, he hasn't recovered from the shock. Seeing this, he saw the gloom in his eyes. The phone still rang impatiently, as if it was competing with them for endurance, and at last, An Jiu went to answer it. He gently soothed Xia Qian'an on the way.

"Ah, who is this?" An Jiu's tone was much colder than usual.

"Little... Er, it's An Jiu, isn't it?" There was a familiar voice from the other end of the phone.

"Mn, what's up?" An Jiu's tone became more moderated, but over the phone, Li Fengyi could not hear it.

Li Fengyi had some doubts. Who caused An Jiu to be mad? However, he would not know whether he caused it or if it was something else. "Uh... Is it okay to ask if you are interested in another drama?" he asked with some caution in his tone.

"No, I remember saying we wouldn't before." And An'an promised to play the drama because it was their history.

"Did you really stop thinking about it? Your acting talent is very high!" Li Fengyi tried to convince him.

"No, An'an is not suitable for acting." Xia Qian'an was unlikely to be an actor, be it due to his illness or family reasons. Besides, was their acting talent really that high? Not really, it just happened to be their experience.

"Well, then I won't bother you." Li Fengyi thought for a moment and gave up. He asked with too high hopes. They had too many restrictions. He was a little thoughtless.

"Um." An Jiu hung up.

"Who called?" Xia Qian'an had calmed down, and he asked, seeing An Jiu return.

"Director Li, to ask us if we wanted to act in another drama. I have refused."

"Mn, that's good."

"We have made an appointment at the hospital. Is at nine tomorrow okay?" An Jiu asked.

"... Uh huh."

"Don't think so much. I'll be by your side." An Jiu patted his soft hair in an appeasing way.

"Mn." Xia Qian'an answered with a low voice, hugging An Jiu's waist, and the insecurity in his eyes gradually faded.

The Next day

After breakfast, they went to the hospital by car. Considering the impact of their acting, their faces were hooded and they had long sleeves, but they still wore a black and white couple colors.

Xia Qian'an's appointment was with his doctor in charge. Xia Mujiang found him and he came to see him a year ago. The situation was very bad and he didn't know what changes had taken place this time.