♡7♡ Olivier (BWWM)

Questions - PAST
(MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2015)

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but, I don't understand why you became a nurse. Your educational and employment background is quite impressive." Ruthanne pointed out.

She had a way of bluntly addressing whatever didn't make sense to her.

Kylin smiled as always and looked away to ward off the pain that lingered around her.

Long ago, she actually had big plans for her life. Thoughts of that past somehow forced her to resurrect images of him. Kylin waged an endless war to fully suppress his memory aware of the pain those thoughts summoned from deep in her soul.

With the support of her protector, she was destined to blossom in a majestic way. But now, those dreams would never come to fruition. Fourteen months had raced by so quickly it was difficult for her to recall what her life was like before. Only when his face came to her was she inundated with what got away.

His warm embrace.

A supportive father-like spirit.

Inner solace, inspiration, and fortitude were the elements that came in the form of the man who was once desperately in love with her.

Olivier was the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. Even though they had a seventeen-year age difference, Kylin was head over heels in love with the man.

Who knew a twenty-three-year young woman would meet such a breathtakingly dashing man in the grocery store?

♡♡♡

PAST
GROCERY STORE BAE

Like every other woman in the store, there seemed to be a general malaise as everyone standing in line huffed and puffed at the cashier who moved so slowly, a snail could check faster than her.

Kylin made a mental note to avoid the sloth of a cashier's line when she was ready to check out. She turned to walk down an aisle when her feet cemented themself to the floor. At first, she was convinced she had inhaled too many paint fumes as a male model headed in her direction.

The tall dark brown vision of a man strolled by with immaculately styled faded and edged salt-pepper hair. He sported a pristine shaped-up beard and mustache combination. She was sure he caught the attention of the instantly zombified woman as they dropped whatever they were doing to follow him with their eyes until he disappeared from their view.

An image of a fitted camel-toned cable knit sweater and hazel eyes burned in her memory. It was as if Tyson Beckford's older more distinguished-looking brother appeared in the flesh. She recalled a few amazingly handsome men she'd met before, but Kylin was hard-pressed to remember the last time a man as pretty as Olivier came close enough for her to reach out and touch him.

After she'd allowed time to slip away from her as she spent most of the day painting her kitchen, Kylin only visited the store to grab a few items. Of course, she was a complete novice as a painter, which would explain the reason she wound up wearing more paint than she should have. But inexperience didn't stop her from marking the task off of her 'To Do' list.

A tacky powder blue t-shirt, scruffy old faded blue jeans, and a pair of white canvas Keds had been haphazardly splotched here and there with creamy yellow paint. She had no desire to talk to anyone, let alone a man as polished as the one who looked like he just left a photoshoot.

Kylin made a hard right down an aisle with every intention of avoiding the beautiful creation. Diverting her attention from the stranger was the right course of action because half of the stuff on her list would have been left in the store if she allowed herself to be distracted by him.