♡8♡ Clarification (BWWM)

(KYLIN'S THOUGHTS ON THE PAST)

Yes...

I'm an awkward individual to most because I've always walked in my own lane.

Even still...

My weirdness never stopped guys from seeking my attention while I unsuccessfully fought to remain fortified in the midst of some pretty charming fellas. My biggest problem with abstaining from the sins of this world stems from the fact that I am a woman with feelings and whatnot.

I tried to remember what I was taught at home and in church, but my body acted like it had the worst case of amnesia.

The few experiences I had with your typical jerk face were pretty horrible if I do say so myself.

Yes...

I knew they were faking interest in me with one and only one reason in mind. With my hard-headed self, I didn't allow the obvious warnings to deter me from making mistakes.

Did I consider the obvious?

No.

Does he like what I like?

No.

He couldn't give a red hot ding dong about my innocence.

Bingo.

This seemingly amazing guy appears to know and understand me on a deeper level.

But...

Because I had a hard time associating that attention with anything real or meaningful, of course, I had an even more difficult time reciprocating those feelings of interest back.

My first kiss ever started a raging battle with my inner self against temptation. It was accompanied by a real sense of fear and apprehension pressing me to get away from that guy. My body warned me to stay as far away from those who had the power to persuade me to do otherwise.

Once again, let's face it, I'm a woman who felt a little lost and vulnerable.

At times, when I knew I was in danger, I heard the scripture warning me... "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

I was reminded that if I allowed myself to stay around a man who was trying to convince me to do things that were against my Christian beliefs, I would find myself falling away from Christ into darkness.

In truth, I fell a couple of times. I was tempted and I dated guys who didn't have the slightest background in the Christian Faith.

Being the fixer that I am, I believed it was a chance to win someone over to Christ. Unfortunately for me, I found myself so far out there--away from my upbringing--that I felt the need to stay far away and hide my sins from my family until I finished my college studies.

I had no desire for them to see the person I had become.

So, on the day that my sights fell on the eye-catching ebony muse as he perused through the store without a care, I found myself running in the opposite direction. What I learned from my past mistakes was to give my thoughts about any man to God and if he was meant for me, it would happen.

Let's just say, most guys faded into the distance never to be seen or heard from again and I was fine with that. 

Not only am I nobody's fool, but I also learned from the mistakes I made early on. That was of course until I saw Tyson Beckford's older more distinguished-looking brother's cell number written on that piece of paper.