♡9♡ The Wounded (BWWM)

(MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2015)
RHYS

"Should I be offended by their relationship?" Rhys found that question playing itself repeatedly on a loop in his mind.

He wasn't sure about the new nurse and it had nothing to do with the fact that she was black. Honestly, a range of people from different nationalities had at one time or another assisted his wife since the horrible effects of her disease began to rapidly impair her ability to manage their whole foods distribution center.

Even the latest addition to the community center at the church was also delayed because she was found in the driveway passed out three weeks before he was forced to find an agency to meet her medical needs.

Minister Yates was at a loss.

The young nurse was extremely knowledgeable in her profession. Not to mention, she showed the greatest amount of respect to him and his wife at all times. Her candor while in their home was unmatched. Of all the nurses who had been sent by the service, Ruthanne seemed pleased as punch from the first time she'd met Kylin.

His discomfort with her presence left him at a loss. Kylin had done nothing that gave him a justifiable cause to be displeased with her work.

In a way, she was too PERFECT.

Because he dealt with the brokenness of mankind, he was the first to admit that the only perfect human was Jesus Christ and the only other perfect being would show himself the day Jesus Christ came back to gather his Father's children.

His knowledge of the Word made it hard for him to overlook what appeared to be a deception in the form of a woman who was too good to be true.

Like many people in his and his wife's positions, the Yates family held great reservations at the idea of allowing too many people to access their homes.

They were spiritual leaders.

As Christians, they were responsible for the spiritual guidance of many souls. It was with humility and respect that they served those who trusted them, so allowing a deceiver to come into their midst was never advisable.

Of course, even then they would try to share the love of God with anyone.

It was never any authentic Christian's goal to deny unbelievers access to the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost. They were teachers after all, and their goal was to share the Word of God with the world. But... for the sake of those who trusted in their direction and guidance, Rhys and Ruthanne Yates shared the responsibility to, "Abstain from all appearance of evil."

The weight of the responsibility to rightly influence their followers or anyone seeking to follow Christ lay in the palms of their spiritual hands. No one had to emphasize how serious it would be to cause someone else to stumble because of their missteps.

When Minister Yates felt someone did not fit into his household, it had nothing to do with the person's skin color, race, or nationality. If anything, the biggest factor for him was the individual's spiritual maturity because he firmly believed people carried spirits around with them... be they good or bad.

Often when a person was depressed or fighting mental issues, his faith taught him that these were most likely spiritual attacks. Because he had no control over how others chose to live their lives, he had no control over the types of spirits with which a person came in contact. Therefore, he also wielded no control over the person's ability to rebuke evil and cleave to that which was good.

Minister Yates understood the devil could not use a person without their permission. Just as the evil one had to petition God to try Job, the same was true for each and every person the devil decided to attack. Only if a person gave into demonic forces could wicked spirits work havoc in their lives.