𝗼, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝗼𝐧𝐞.

o, and then there was one.

     Heat, that's all Ermellina could feel. Excruciating heat. She couldn't move as she was healing from the wounds that were afflicted on her before her death. She could remember how she died this time down to the sounds. It wasn't like it took her a long time to come back, she would just blackout due to pain.

     The candles in the basement were all lit. the cement walls had shadows of the flames crawling on them. She had grown accustomed to the pain but all she could think was ways to murder her captures. And she swore if she could get her hands loose from the bounds they were in she would have a killing spree.

     Yes, Andy would be disappointed but, as of now, she had given up looking for the girl, so screw what Andy thinks. Andy didn't have any room to talk Mrs. They Worshiped Me Like A God. The only thing keeping her sane was the thought of her lovers. And, oh, what she would give to be in their arms.

     It was like a waiting game. A dangerous, murderful, waiting game. Sometimes she would think of her times in a battle. Others didn't have this gift she somehow had. But over time the ones she loved had to acknowledge the truth: this same woman who has killed at least a handful of times. And keeps returning for more.

     She wasn't the same when a sword was placed on her hand and a person running toward her. It was almost like a switch in her head. The main objective was to destroy anyone who got in her way.

In the time she had been thinking her hand wiggles causing her wrists to bleed, and bruise, before healing, turning into a rough cycle.

     Her thoughts were cut off by a loud bang. The door to her 'cell' opened and closed. Walking in was a man in his now fifties. And he didn't know it, but his birthday would also be his death day if she could get her bloodied wrists out of their bounds.

     His face lit up when he saw her alive and healed. "Now, this is a wonderful birthday present isn't it," he chuckled, "You haven't keeled over yet!"

     Ermellina rolled her eyes, "Thought I wouldn't be seeing your face for another few hours seeing as your grandkids are over," and she had no problem killing him while they were over.

     The old man scoffed, "They're taking a nap, by the way, how was yours?" He didn't notice her right hand wiggling out of its chain. He chuckled at his own joke, god this man has no humor.

     Ermellina let out a rough huff and looked away toward the candles lit as her source of light. Seeing her lose focus to the conversation her moved toward her hand raised. Before it could strike her, her right hand raised and caught his arm.

     Her whole form froze. He knew he would die, he knew that she could take him down with one hand and her eyes closed. He closed his eyes as his lips started moving, most likely praying. In her eyes he should've gotten down on his knees and started begging for his life.

     She squinted her eyes pulling her left hand out of its designated chain, scoffing. "Are you really praying?" she let out a chuckle, "God doesn't exist you bastard." Well- she was fully excepting of Nicolò's religion, she was pissed, rightfully so.

     And with that, her hands went up to her head snapping his neck mid-prayer. She knew she could've done more to his body but she didn't want to scare the kids too much when they find the body. Hell there was a lot of things she wanted to do but she didn't have time.

     Of course, she still felt pent up anger, hell there was a period of time where he let her starve for about five years on repeat. But right now she had one thought in mind. Find Nicolo and Yusuf, and reunite with her lovers.

     And no one was going to stop her.

O, AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.
edited.
words: 771

AN. | welcome! this chapter will most likely be the shortest (everything else will be longer) and seeing as i have a tight schedule and focusing on my mental health, this book will receive slow updates. i personally can't wait for this book and it hurts me that no one else is making any The Old Guard books 💀💀 anyway, hope you enjoy!

also let's not talk ab any plot holes 😿