The Kings proposal 2

( ok editing here: Just wanted to say sorry for the wait I havent had much motivation to continue this story, but I am, and will eventually get it completed just at my own pace hope you can understand.

Thx thats all. 💚 -angella)

    Walking to the palice felt long, but i couldnt help but see everyone looking at us, did they know we're not from here?, do we really seem that different, no. That can't be it they look concerned, this king must be scary, or worse.... I just keep my eyes focused directly ahead.
    "Wow, seems the word has spread fast about you guys, but don't pay them no mind, they are just curious." Sir.Stickman says while looking over, and starts nodding and waving.
    "Is the king nice?", BunBun says taking the words I wanted to say right out of my mouth.
    "Oh yes my dear, he is quite the charmer, he is indeed nice." Sir.Stickman says patting her shoulder in reassurance.
    The palace was slowly inch by inch getting closer and closer. Until we finally reach the entrance, were guards causally await our entry.
    "We are here for the kings dinner party he has requested for us." Sir.StickMan says while standing up.
    "Right away, Sir." The guard says while opening the door for us to enter.
    The room was bright, filled with colors of yellow and red, lots of gold and a few gemstones. There was a big table in the middle of the room set for 3 people and one very small person, I could only asume it's meant for us. Looking closer I can see the king, sitting with his arms crossed, seeming slightly irritated but still smiles.

   "Welcome, Im king Sir Remington the 5th, but you can just call me Jack

   "Welcome, Im king Sir Remington the 5th, but you can just call me Jack. I have been waiting for you guys for awhile, and I can see you were finally able to cover up. Come, have a seat, I prepared some finest dishes for us to dine on." King jack says while gestering for us to sit.
    "You aren't wearing your kingly attire, my king did somthing happen to it?" Sir.StickMan says while jumping off BunBuns shoulder and on to the table to we're his plate awaits him.
    "No, I just wanted to make sure our guests feel comfortable, and that they can treat me like everyone else." King Jack says chuckling a little.
    Me and BunBun look at eachother still nervous, but it seems to ware off faster on her then myself, as she is already making her way to sit down, which gives me the curage to do the same.
    "No need to be shy, please introduce yourself, im very curious to get to know you outsiders better." The king says smileing stareing at me.
    "Well, my names Cano, I remember waking up in the forest, alone, then I met BunBun, we decided to stick together and she found Sir.StickMan, he lead us here gave us a place to stay and took us here, thats about the run down of everything." I say franticly scratching at my nails, out of nervous habbit.
    "My my, you two had quite the adventure, Im quite curious about how you came to be here, if you wouldnt mind explaining?" The king says picking up the dull knife, and taps it on the table.
    "We both just woke up, I dont remember anything that had happened before then." BunBun blurts out.
    "Oh I see, and your not lying are you?"  The king says spinning the knife in circles on the table.
    "Well...actually... I do." I say, nervously. "I remember I looked diffrent, I used to be human! I had a girlfriend, I remember falling, then sharp pain in my stomach then darkness." I say holding my stomach a little.
     I can tell BunBun was suprised, i havent told anyone that, but her shock quickly faded as it was inturped by the kings words.
    "Human?, what is this so called human you claim you used to be." He says in a still calm but more stern tone.
    "I c-can't, explain, I didnt have fur i didnt look like this, I-" I stop as im interrupted, by the butlers coming out of the kitchen with carts of food.
    "Ah, finally the food has been finished." The king says standing up waving his hands up gesturing for the food to be placed on the tables.
    Ive never felt so relieved, why was it so hard to explain, I- I just cant seem to remember. The butler's place trays of food on my plate, at the smell my stomach loudly growls.
    "My apologies on the wait, i just wanted to make sure it was perfect for our astounding guests!" The butler says bowing down next to the king.
    "Thats quite alright, I very much understand you can take your leave now, thank you for the food." The king says shoo-ing him away.
     Nervously I sit and wait for the ok to eat, I was in deed really hungry, it felt like I havent eaten in ages and I couldnt gold back the growls of my stomach.
    "Hah, go head, you can eat when you please." The king says obviously, havening heard my stomach growl.
    The food was amazing, I ate every last bit of it, but I was still hungry.
Sitting there still waiting nervously for the king to say somthing, I think back to the question I was going to ask, nows my chance so I take a deep breath and say.
     "King is it true you know all and everything?" I say looking at him slightly paniced and eager to wait his reply.
     "Yes, I have been known around the village to be the one know knows all, why did you have somthing you wanted  to ask?" The king says with a hesitation, but yet a confident tone.
     "I wanted to know if my girlfriend is alive, and if she is here somewhere?" I say so quickly, my heart pacing so quickly.
     "What is this young ladys name? Might I ask?" The king says rubbing his chin.
     "Yes, s-sorry her names Angella." I say looking at him directly in the eyes.
     "No, im sorry to tell you, she isnt here, and no she isnt alive." He says looking down.
    My heart felt like it just broke in a million pieces, how could this be, how could I be alive and she isnt. The mood in the room was dropped and everything was silent. I could tell BunBun was very concerned.I could feel hot tears come down my face again, but a heat of realief hit me.
     "Oh my, I am quite sorry for your loss, but she is in a better place and is happier now." The king says in reassurance.
   The butlers come back out, this time with what looks like wine, red wine. The place it around the tables.
     "Sorry thought this would help with the mood a little, please do enjoy." The bulter says once again leaving.
     "A toast, to welcome you into my kingdom, and village!" The king says standing up with the glass of wine in his hand. "I the king  Sir Remington the 5th he by now announce, your welcome to the village, and to new memories and to a new life!" The king says.
     We all collectively stand up and press our glasses together, even though I felt a bit awkward, wipeing away my tears and drinking it down. Ive forgotten the taste of wine, so bitter, never really liked it all that much. It tasted different, I dropped my glad holding my head. It was like a massive headache happened, and vision went blurry. The last thing I remember was looking up at the king, still standing with his drink in his hand, grinning.
    "W-what h....have... You d-d-done.." I say before completely falling into darkness.