Chapter 5: Family Meeting

On his way through the ministry, Harry saw a Daily Prophet stand. The front page read "Harry Potter Cheat? The Real Reason Why The Potters Divorced" Luckily, it hadn't gotten out to the press that Harry was gay, yet. Harry wanted to explore his sexuality, but he was very weary about dating. He was worried that if he tried to date then it was going to get out, and he wasn't ready for the whole wizarding world to know.

It had been two months since the divorce and people were still talking about that. Rita Skeeker had been publishing articles every week or so with interviews from people who supposedly knew "the real reason why" Harry and Ginny divorced, but Harry didn't care. Most of the articles blamed Harry, which Harry could live with. He had been slandered in the news quite a few times before, and he didn't want people blaming Ginny. Thankfully Ginny's drunken night hadn't gotten out either so he knew it was all nonsense.

People he worked with were a bit awkward, some trying to get him to tell them why he divorced Ginny, some believed the papers. However, Harry was the boss so they had to listen to him no matter what they thought.

But Harry was starting to feel very alone again, feeling separated from everyone besides Ron and Hermione. He still hadn't told anyone else he was gay, not even the Weasleys. He hadn't seen Molly since the divorce. She even invited him over one night, probably to yell at him, maybe not, but Harry didn't want to take that chance, so he put it off, telling her he had to work late that night.

When Harry got to his office, an owl was sitting there with a letter tied to it's leg. Harry took it off and read, Harry, Mum wants you to come have dinner at me and Hermione's with her and dad tonight. She won't tell me why but she's not going to take no for an answer so I guess I'll see you later. –Ron P.S. Ginny won't be there.

Harry sighed, he guessed it was time to really face the consequences.

***

Harry apperated to Ron and Hermione's house after work. Inside was Mrs. and Mrs. Weasley, Ron, Hermione and surpirsingly George. George, Harry had already spoken too, and while he wasn't happy about the whole situation, he didn't seem to be taking it out on Harry. Bill, Percy, and Charlie - has had heard through Ron - were very protective of their little sister, and not knowing at all what happened, were completely blaming Harry. Harry was thankful they weren't here right now. He was thinking he was probably going to have to come out to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and he wasn't sure if he could have done that with the whole family here.

"Hey Harry!" said George and came up to him to give him a big pat on the back, confirming in Harry's mind that they were still friends.

"Hello, dear." said Mrs. Weasley walking towards Harry. She smiled, but didn't give Harry his usually hug greeting. Mrs. Weasley was very conflicted inside. She loved Harry like her own son, but Harry had hurt her real daughter, her only daughter.

"'Ello Harry!" said Mr. Weasley with a wide grin. Harry awkwardly smiled back.

All of this was very confusing to Harry. Were they not mad at him? They had to be though. Harry was a father now, and if someone broke his daughter's heart he was be very upset. But it was also different with him and the Weasleys; they were like his family since he was 11, and he really didn't want to lose them. He was preying to himself that they were all going to forgive him once they knew the whole truth of what Harry put Ginny through.

"Dinner's ready!" said Molly, and the seven of them sat down at the table. Harry sat down next to Ron and then Mrs. Weasley plopped herself down on his other side. They started to eat. The dinner conversation was awkwardly not about the divorce.

"So Harry, how's work?" asked Author.

"Good. Good." said Harry without making full eye contact.

"Hasn't been too much to do lately, right? Well that's a good thing for your office."

"Yes, with all the Deatheaters put away for a few years now, there hasn't really been any issues."

"Haven't stopped by the store in a while, Harry." said George, "You should come by sometime and see all the new stuff me and Ron have been working on."

"Ya, I will stop by sometime."

"How's the food dear? Good?" asked Molly.

"Delicious as always... Molly." Harry said awkwardly. Sometimes Harry would call Molly "mum" but that didn't feel appropriate right now. Mrs. Weasley didn't seem to take notice what Harry had called her.

It wasn't until after dinner that the divorce was brought up. Mrs. Weasley said, "So, dear, what happened with you and Ginny? You always seemed so happy." Molly, of course had already heard a bit from Ginny, but she was anxious to hear Harry's side.

Harry took a deep breath, he knew he had to tell them the whole truth. They were family, they deserved it. "Actually... about that... there is something I have to tell you." He looked first at Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, then George's confused face, then at Hermione and Ron who knew exactly what was coming.

He wasn't sure if he was going to get it out if he didn't say it first. He took another deep breath and said, "I'm... I'm gay."

Harry looked around at the three surprised faces staring back at him. Ron was looking to see his family's reaction, and Hermione was just glazing downwards, as if she couldn't bare to look at how the Weasleys were going to take it.

Everyone was silent for what seemed like forever. When it was clear that Author, Molly and even George were at a complete lost for words, Harry launched into the explanation and apologizes about Ginny.

When he had finished, he felt as though a weight he had been carrying for so long, that had been getting heavier all the time, was finally lifted. Harry started to cry. He wasn't even sure why. Was he happy about finally being honest with himself and his family? Was he upset about hurting Ginny and the rest of them? Harry just buried his face in his hands and sobbed.

Then he felt two arms wrap around him and heard Molly's voice, "Shh... its ok dearie. It's alright." Molly held him tight and rocked him a bit, "We understand and we are fine with you being gay. Just a bit of a shock that's all." Harry looked up to see Arthur nodding to him in agreement with Molly's words.

Molly then grabbed the sides of Harry's face with her hands, making him look at her standing over him. Harry looked into Molly's eyes for the first time since the conversation started, and in them he saw love and acceptance. Having Mrs. Weasley accept him was as if his own mother was.

"I love you Harry." she said. "You will always be my son. No matter what." This wasn't the first time Molly had directly called Harry her son. Harry remembered distinctly her saying it in her toast at his and Ginny's wedding, and a few times even before that. But this time it meant more than ever. It wasn't just 'you are my son'– it was 'you are my gay son.' 'You are my gay son that broke my daughter's heart and I still love you.'

"Always thought you might be gay." He heard George say with a snort from behind Molly.

"No you didn't!" yelled Ron, "You were just as surprised as I was!"

George just shrugged and laughed. Harry smiled.