Chapter 23: Potters and Malfoys

About two weeks later, Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and Draco were all waiting on Platform 9 3/4 together. The train pulled up in a puff of steam and through the crowd they saw their six kids coming towards them, all together as if they had rode in the same compartment. 

Harry was very anxious to see Albus, as he still seemed to be angry with Harry. Albus hadn't spoken to him since he and Ginny went to Hogwarts and Albus screamed at him that everything was Harry's fault. But as Albus's face came into clear view, it didn't seem to be one of anger, actually when he saw his father, Albus started to jog, then sprit towards him. 

Harry was hit with a hug and his youngest son buried his face in Harry's shirt. "Al..." he started, but then he was surprised again when he realized Albus was starting to cry. Harry hugged his son back, "I'm so sorry, Albus."

Albus pulled back to look at his father and wiped his tears away, "I'm sorry, dad. I shouldn't have gotten so mad. I love you no matter what."

Harry looked up and saw Hermione. She gave him a 'I told you so' look, Harry looked back down at his son, "I love you so much, Al. And you had every right to be mad. I should have told you. "

Then he looked up again, this time at his other two kids who were by their mother, "I love you all so much." he said and James and Lily joined him in a group hug. He kissed the top of their heads, even though James was nearly his height now. 

"Alright kids, I'm gonna head back to my apartment. Ginny you're good getting the kids home right?" 

From not far away, Scorpius pipes up, "Aren't you come back to our place?" he asked. Harry was frozen for a second and looked to Draco who was blushing hard but said nothing as his son continued, "You were staying there weren't you?" 

It was true, Harry had stayed at Draco's nearly every night of the past few weeks. It was starting to feel more like home than his apartment. Draco had set up a whole closet for Harry to keep stuff there. "Uhh...." Harry had no idea what to say to the boy. Draco just gave him a look that said 'well I'm good with that.'

"I wanna go to then!" Albus said. He looked from his father to his mother. 

Ginny looked to Harry and shrugged, "I don't see anything wrong with you staying with your dad and the Malfoys." She said looking from Harry back down to her son. 

"But dad I thought we could come stay with you at the apartment." James said. 

"You still can," Harry said, " We can move around, we're all going to be seeing each other during the holiday." Harry smiled looking around at his family that now included Draco and Scorpius. 

At that moment Neville walked up to the family. "Hello, everyone." he said with a smile, then turned to Ginny and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

"Does this mean you'll be staying with us this holiday, Professor Longbottom?" Lily asked looking up at her teacher. 

"Oh no-" and then a look from Ginny stopped him. 

"Would you and James, and Albus be alright with that?" Ginny said turning to her kids. They all nodded in agreement. Then she turned to the man she now loved. Neville looked shocked, not sure what to do. "So, how about it?" Ginny asked him, "Stay with us for a bit?"

Neville shook off the shock and then said with a smile, "I'd love to." so he, the Potters and the Malfoys headed back through the wall. 

***

For the first week of the summer Albus and Harry stayed at the Malfoys with Draco and Scorpius. Harry and Albus were able to have some time to talk, and Albus was pretty much fully on-board with his dad and Mr. Malfoy. During his last few weeks of Hogwarts, he had thought a lot and he finally let go of the idea of his dad and mom and siblings going back to being the family they were. And now, seeing his dad so happy with Draco, he realized that this was going to be better. Everyone was going to be happier, and his best friend very well could become his real brother one day. 

Then Harry and Albus went back to their old home and spent some time with Ginny, James, and Lily; Neville was also there. This is when Harry told them all about taking the Defense Against the Dark Arts job. Neville was very excited to have his friend teaching at Hogwarts with him. The kids however, as predicted, were a little apprehensive. Professor Longbottom was becoming apart of their family, and now their dad was going to be a professor too. James, however, was upset that he would never get to be in one of his dad's lessons since he was going into his seventh year and Harry wasn't going to be taking up the position until the next year. Lily and Albus we're upset, but rightfully cautious about having their dad around school. Albus got excited though when he realized that he dad would be there just in time for his owl year, and surely he would prepare him well. Lily was going to have to have him for the longest, but she was also the least troublemaker in the family, so she didn't have as much to fear. 

After that all the kids when back to the Malfoy's with Harry and Ginny and Neville got some time to themselves. Even though they were seeing each other for months, they hadn't got to spend a lot of time together while Neville was teaching. So Draco and Harry, who would soon have an entire year to themselves, took the kids for a week. 

It was a sunny afternoon when all the kids were practicing flying on brooms over the backyard as Harry and Draco watched from the porch with a pitcher of ice-cold spiked lemonade. The couple looked out at their little family. 

"This is so nice," Harry said, petting Draco's snowy owl who he had taken a liking to as it reminded him of Hedwig. Draco had recently admitted to Harry that he had gotten the bird for that very reason; it reminded Draco's of Harry's old pet, which reminded Draco of Harry. He had been quite embarrassed to admit this since it was before they were even together, but Harry found it endearing. 

"I never thought I would get to this point in my life." Draco said seriously. 

"Neither did I." Harry said shaking his head, "With the things we went through as kids, it felt like I had lived my whole life by the time I turned 18."

"Well you did die before you turned 18." Draco said with a giggle, lightening the mood. 

Harry also giggled, "That's true." Harry had told Draco, the first person since Ron and Hermione, exactly what happened in the forest that May 2nd in 1998. They were the only four people, with Harry included, who knew how close Harry really got to death that night. But he finally had gotten to the point where he could joke about it. 

"I never thought I could be this happy." Harry said looking back out at his kids laughing and smiling as they flew around. Then he turned back to his love, "I love you, Draco."

"I love you too, Harry." Draco smiled at him. 

Harry looked directly into his partner's silver eyes, "I want this to be my life- our life. Forever. I never thought the way I feel towards you was even possible. The journey we went on to get here... was so much harder than it should have been. But now that I have it, I don't think I could live without it. I don't think I could live without you..." 

Draco started to realize was Harry was saying. His eyes widen in shock. He wasn't prepared for this now, here. But he would have it no other way. Surprisingly, he didn't feel the need for some crazy big proposal. He loved Harry and hearing from him talk about how he feels about him on a beautiful day with their beautiful family, was the most prefect way Draco could imagine this to happen. 

"Will you marry me, Draco Malfoy?" Harry asked. 

Draco said nothing, then he leaned in and kissed Harry. They held the kiss, forgetting their kids could see them (though they doubted they were watching anyway). When they finally pulled apart, "Can I take that as a 'yes'?" Harry asked softly. 

"Long as you become a 'Malfoy' Potter!" Draco said sarcastically. 

"No way!" Harry joked back, chuckling, "I'm the Harry Potter." he said in a tone mocking how people have referred to him his whole life. 

Draco chuckled too, "Well there's no way I'm becoming a 'Potter'!" he said with a smile.