Epilogue: All Was Well

After the kids went back to Hogwarts that fall, Harry and Draco spent the year traveling. They went all around the world, starting in Europe. Harry had barley traveled in his life, only going to the beaches in France for his honeymoon with Ginny and a few other places for work, but never for pleasure. Draco enjoyed showing him the sights.

They came back for Christmas and then headed to the Americas.

In Brazil, they found a snake that spoke to Harry, asking him about his scar. The young boa constrictor said his father told him a story about how a young boy with a lighting-shaped scar could speak to him and freed him from the zoo in which he was born. The snake knew from the moment that Harry spoke back, he had found that boy. The snake grew quite found of Harry and Draco and decided to stay with them, becoming their pet. The snake was named Slytherin of his own choosing after hearing it in stories about Hogwarts.

In the United States, they met up with American wizards, which was the first non-european wizards either Harry or Draco had met. They took a tour of Ilvermorny and were quite impressed even though neither would admit it, constantly whispering to each other how Hogwarts was far superior.

Right after Harry's birthday, which they spent in L.A., they headed back home, which was now Hogwarts. Harry's lease in his apartment had ended and he had moved out before they left on their trip. He still had Grimmauld place. Draco even sold his house, saying their was too many memories of Astoria there. All of their things were currently at Malfoy Manor. Scorpius now had a room set up there, but Harry and Draco's things were still in boxes waiting to be moved to their new room at Hogwarts.

Harry and Draco each had their own offices, but they shared a bedroom, which was quite spacious. Harry had always wondered where the teachers lived in Hogwarts. Their room was hidden behind a portrait and required a password to enter just like the Gryffindor common room. They had a king size bed and a large onsite bathroom and a little kicthenette. It was no-where near what Draco was used to living in, but it was about the size of Harry's apartment. Draco, surprisingly, didn't complain. They were both very happy to called Hogwarts their home once more.

Right before the school year started again, Harry and Draco had a small wedding ceremony on the grounds. Only about 30 people were there, including all the Weasleys and Narcissa and Harry and Draco's other close friends and family like Blaze and Goyle (who were quite surprised to find out Draco was gay but did not seem to take issue with it).

In the end, Draco "caved" and took the last name 'Potter'. He said he wanted to share the same last name as the person he loved, which was true, but he also wanted to get away from everything his last name meant: the pureblood elitism, connections to Voldemort, and so on. Draco had lost much of his pureblood mentality during his first marriage, since Astoria did not feel that way and the last of that thinking died off after dating a halfblooded and spending time with his muggle-born and muggle-loving friends.

Scorpius was also excited to change his name to Potter and officially become one of the Potter children. Harry, of course, treated him as his own son, and Draco did the same with Al, James, and Lily. Neville also became a like a father to all of the children.

He and Ginny were married that winter over the Christmas holidays. Neville wanted to do a big wedding, Mrs Weasley was more than happy to. Although Ginny wasn't too fond of the idea as she had done it once before, she obliged understanding it was Neville's first time getting married. They had it in the beautiful, large space decorated with the most beautiful plants. After their marriage, Ginny sold the house in which she had raised her kids with Harry. Ginny and Neville wanted to have a space that was their own, so they got a cute cottage not far from the Burrow with a huge garden. Neville now came home to Ginny every evening through the fire in his room at Hogwarts instead of sleeping at Hogwarts.

Harry and Draco slept at Hogwarts every night while they were teaching. It took a little while for the kids to ajust to having pretty much three parents as teachers, but Albus and Lily couldn't help but loved their father's lessons, and Draco was a surprisingly good teacher.

James meanwhile, having graduated from Hogwarts, got a position on the Appleby Arrows quittach team as a beater. George and Luna had their child, a baby boy named Fred. Then they had a baby girl named Pandora, named after Luna's mother. The children each followed in the footsteps of their parents, Fred becoming a Gryffindor and Pandora a Ravenclaw, the first Weasley in generations to not be in Gryffindor.

Harry and Draco taught them both. Draco, in addition to teaching Charms, took up teaching the Alchemy class at Hogwarts the years when there was even students to fill it. When the previous Head of Slytherin house retired, Draco took his position as well. He even helped Harry teach Occlumency to the NEWT students since it was the one thing in Defense Against the Dark Arts that Harry never mastered. Harry was finally able to teach Draco to produce a patronus, his happy memory being his and Harry's wedding day. It took the shape of a doe, matching Harry's stag, just has Harry's parents' patronuses. When Professor McGonagall retired, Neville become Headmaster. Harry took his spot as the Head of Gryffindor house and Deputy Headmaster.

Meanwhile, Ginny ended up becoming Head of Magical Games. She had moved to the department following Harry's retirement from the ministry since she was so fed up with The Prophet after everything it published about her ex-husband.

After Jame's quidditch career he went on to be a Auror, as did Lily. Albus, however, went on to become a healer, as did Scorpius who ended up marrying Rose. All the kids married and had their own kids, and lived happy lives.

Harry and Draco taught at Hogwarts for decades until they were very old and retired, and finally bought a house for themselves.

All was well once more till the day Harry Potter died a natural death, over a hundred years old, surrounded by his children, his two best friends, and his husband.