Chapter 21: Your Real Friends

Draco looked to Harry, trying to silently ask him if that really meant he was being invited to the Weasleys'. Harry gave a slight nod, grasped Draco's hand and disapparated with the rest of the group to right outside the Burrow. 

Draco looked up at the teetering house before following everyone inside. It looked exactly how he had always expected the Weasley house to look, but it was like he was seeing it through different eyes. The features of it  he would have made fun of in the past, now seemed fun and cosy. He realized how much he changed since Hogwarts, and also since he started dating Harry. 

Draco looked to the man he loved. It couldn't imagine spending his life with anyone else. Draco realized what that meant though; he would have to do more than make nice with the Weasleys. He would need to gain more than their acceptance, he would need their trust. And that had to start with apologizing for some of his past deeds. As much as Draco hated the idea of apologizing for anything, he knew he had done wrong and they deserved to hear him say it. 

Draco looked to Hermione standing with Ron, and knew that was where he had to start. Draco felt quite nervous, and hoped he would be able to get it out before she punched him again or Ron tried to make him eat slugs again - this time he was quite sure Ron would be able to do it. But just then Molly pulled Hermione into the kitchen with her to help prepare dinner. 

Draco stayed close to Harry as everyone settled into the house. He still didn't know what to do with himself. He followed Harry to sit on the couch in the living room where George, Ron and Mr. Weasley were. Luna and Ginny were both helping in the kitchen. Draco silently listened in to the men's conversations. 

"So, Harry, how are you feeling?" Arthur asked Harry. 

"Good. You know, I'm still not sure how it's all gonna go over or what everyone is going to believe but at least I've said the truth. As much as I didn't want some of that to get out..." Draco could tell by the way Harry said it he was talking about the mental health issues, not their relationship, "at least I don't have to worry about it coming out anymore. It's out there now and there was nothing I could do about that."

"Yes, well. I think you were very brave, Harry, very brave." Mr. Weasley said. 

George chimed in, "Gryffindors for life, right?" Just then the door opened and in walked Bill and Fleur. 

"Bill! Fleur!" Ron called out. 

Then Molly came bustling out of the kitchen, "Oh you came dear!" Molly said kissing and hugging her eldest son. "I'm so glad you could make it." she said, hugging Fleur. 

"Do you veed velp in ve kitchen?" Fleur asked and followed Molly back into the kitchen as Bill headed to the living room. 

"Isn't it a bit sexist that we're all loundging around while the women are in the kitchen?" Bill asked turning to the rest of the men. 

Ron shrugged, "They like to cook. I'm sure we'll have to do the cleaning." Ron said as Bill sat down next to him and chuckled. 

"So Harry," Bill said turning to Harry, "Great job. I got mom's owl in time for us to listen to it on the radio." Then he turned to Draco. Draco got a bit nervous; he knew of, but had never met, this Weasley. But then Bill turned back to Harry before asking, "So how long have you guys been a thing?"

Draco watched Harry turn to look at him before he answered, "It's been almost 5 months now."

"Blimey Harry! And ya didn't tell anyone?" Bill didn't seen mad, in fact he was laughing to himself a bit. 

Harry chuckled too, "Ya... well. You know..." everyone chatted happily but Draco didn't join in, he just sat there listening. Then the door opened a second time. In walked Percy and his wife Audrey.