Chapter 22: Making Amends

Harry and Draco disapparated together back to Harry's apartment after dinner with the Weasleys. This was the first time they were alone since the press conference, and really, since that day in Hogsmeade. 

"So," Draco said now that they could talk, "We're alright then?" He thought so but he felt like he had to ask after how distant Harry had been before. 

"Yeah." Harry smiled at him, "I love you."

"I love you too." Draco said, "But what about the kids?"

"I'm going to have to talk to them. They'll understand eventually." Then Harry pulled Draco close and kissed him for the first time in days. 

They kissed deeply, then their hands moved to their robes as they threw them off and then made their way to the buttons on their shirts. Harry moved his lips to Draco's neck as Draco titled his head back in pleasure. They made their way to the bedroom.

*** 

The second day after the press conference and family dinner, Draco was still staying at Harry's apartment. I was weird for Harry not to have to go to work in the mornings now that he had officially left his job, but it was really nice just being able to spend time with Draco. 

Harry woke up to a tapping sound. At first he got distracted by the beautiful man still sleeping peacefully next to him, but the tapping continued up he looked up to the window to his his eldest son's owl. He got up and opened the window and let the owl in. He untied the note from it's leg and read:

Dad, I'm really sorry about the things I said. Lily and I would really like to speak to you, do you think we could talk soon, like before we come home? Love, James

Harry went to the kitchen to get the owl a treat while Draco still slept. He grabbed a pen (which in his later years had started favoring over a quill and ink) and wrote back on the the same parchment: 

James (and Lily), I love you both so so much. I'm so happy you reached out and of course I forgive you, James. I understand it was a lot to take in. I'll talk to Headmistress McGonagall about making a visit to Hogwarts. See you soon. Love, Dad

He tied it to his son's owl's leg and with a little hoot it was off back through the bedroom and out the window. This must have woken Draco because Harry started to hear a stir from his bedroom. 

Harry put on a cup of coffee and soon Draco emerged from the bedroom with his usual bedhead. Harry was quite surprised when he had first seen it, since he was so used to Draco's slicked-back hair. The spiky, messy hair had reminded him of his own, and as he saw it now, it made him smile. As he watched Draco rub his eyes and yawn, he knew that he was one of very few people, if not the only person, that got to ever see Draco this way.

"Good morning, my ferret." Harry had taken to calling Draco that. 

"I told you not to call me that!" Draco said through gritted teeth. Harry chuckled to himself, but Draco ignored him, "Was that an owl that flew through the bedroom?"

"Yes, I got a letter from James." Harry said pouring two cups of coffee.

"And?" Draco asked sounding curious and hopeful. 

"He said he was sorry and that him and Lily want to talk to me." Harry said with a smile.

"See? I told ya it'd be alright." Draco said taking the coffee Harry was handing him. Draco had been comforting Harry recently as he was still constantly worried about his relationship with his kids now that everything was out. 

"You were right; you're always right." Harry said sarcastically. 

"And don't you forget it, Potter!" Draco said jokingly and both men laughed.