Chapter 16: Albus Severus Potter

"Dad?" Albus and Scorpius both say in surprise in unison. Albus is frozen where he was standing by the door, Scorpius right behind him.

"Albus?" said Harry.

"Scorpius?" said Draco.

"What are you doing here, Albus?" Albus's father asked in surprise.

"What are you doing here?!" Albus yells angrily. All he can think is: His dad. In Hogsmeade. With Mr. Malfoy. Kissing.

"Uh... Draco and I were just getting a drink–"

"I saw you dad!" Albus yelled. He couldn't believe his father just tried to lie to him. Again. He thought they made a connection and now it turns out there were so many things his father was hiding from him and lying about. He could barley stand to look at his dad.

Albus watched his dad turn to Draco, as if to ask what to do, and then back to him, "Albus, let me explain."

"You don't need to explain anything! You're with Mr. Malfoy!" He yelled angrily, then quieter he said, "You're.... gay." in shock. He finally processed what he had just seen. His father was gay. And he must be dating his best friend's dad.

"Al, I'm sorry. Please, lets talk." Harry pleaded with his son.

"No. Lets go, Scorpius." and Albus turned to leave.

"Wait, Albus!"

"What?!" Albus doesn't want to hear anything from his father right now. He just needed to get away.

"Don't tell your brother and sister, please, let me tell them." Albus couldn't believe is father was actually asking something of him. Now. But he doesn't want to have to go explain this to his siblings anyway.

"Fine!" Albus says before storming out with Scorpius on his heals, letting the door slam behind them.

Albus and Scorpius always liked doing their own thing in Hogsmeade. After the first few trips, they got tried of the busy Honeydukes, Zonkos, and Three Broomsticks. They had gone to the Hogs Head once before and liked how quiet it was. The last person Albus had expected to see there was his father. What was he even doing in Hogsmeade?! And on a Hogwarts weekend?

Albus was pissed, he thought his father was actually going to give some explanation when he told him to wait, but no, just "don't tell James and Lily." Albus snorted. His father was just protecting his own ass; never caring about him, the family, his mother. His father was selfish. Albus hated Harry: hated him for being gay, for breaking up their family, for dating his best friend's dad.

He slowed down a bit and turned to Scorpius, "I can't believe them!" he said angrily, then quieter he said, "Our dads are gay."

"Well, I knew my dad is." Scorpius said.

Albus was in shock, "You knew your dad was gay?!" he said in a loud whisper, there was no one around them but still, "What about your mother?"

"They both told me before she passed that their marriage was more of an arrangement that worked well for both of them. They cared for each other; they just weren't in love, but they loved me. I guess it's weird, but I don't really remember a time when I thought they were in love." Scorpius just shrugs.

"But what about them dating! Did you know?!" Albus asks, now directing his anger towards his friend.

"Of course not! I would have told you." Scorpius says.

Albus was relieved to hear that. At least he wasn't the only one surprised today, "I can't believe them! What makes them think they can do that! We're best friends, that's not right!" Albus was so angry about his father dating his best friend's dad, maybe even more so than the fact that he was gay and hid it from him.

"I don't think it's that bad. Think, if they get married, we would be brothers!" Scorpius said excitingly.

Albus snapped back at his friend, "My father isn't getting remarried!" He was starting to realize that he never really accepted the fact that his parents were really divorced. In his mind, it seemed like they would just get back together one day. But he could see now that that was never happening.

"Its alright, Al." Scorpius said trying to calm his friend, but it didn't work in the slightest– Albus only got more mad.

"No it's not! This isn't ok and it isn't fair!" Albus was mad at Scorpius now. How could he think this? How could he be alright with all of this?

"How is it not fair? What isn't fair is you freaking out like this." Scorpius said, remaining calm, "Your dad probably feels horrible right now. I just want my dad to be happy, don't you want the same for yours?"

"Hmph!" Albus couldn't believe his own best friend wasn't on his side. He stormed away from him and back towards the castle.

***

By the next morning, Albus still hadn't spoken to Scorpius. Scorpius tried to talk to him when he came into the dormitory the prior evening, but Albus pretended to be asleep. Albus got up early and went to breakfast. He was nearly finished eating when he saw his Gryffindor brother and sister come into the hall. An owl swooped down and dropped them a letter. He saw them reading it from across the hall and then they both started coming his way.

Albus didn't want to talk to them. He knew the letter was likely from their father and he didn't want to talk about it with James and Lily. He got up to leave but his siblings still came towards him, they caught up to him before he reached the door.

"Albus!" Lily called out. Albus had to stop now, it would be weird if he didn't. She was holding the letter in her hand and James was right beside her. "It's a letter from dad."

"So?" Albus said angrily. He was very bad at hiding his emotions.

But his siblings ignored his tone for now. "He says he needs to speak with all of us." James said, "Him and mom, they are both coming to the castle tonight."

"Great." Albus said sarcastically and turned to leave.

His siblings followed him out the door and a bit down the hallway, "Albus? What's wrong?" Lily asked, seeming concerned.

"Ya, seriously what's up with you?" James said in an annoyed tone. "Do you know what's going on?"

Albus finally stopped walking away but still didn't turn to face them.

"Do you think they are getting back together?" Lily asked excitingly.

"No." Albus said definitively his back still turned to them.

"How do you know?" James asked.

Albus finally turned back to see the mixed expressions on his brother and sister: they looked worried and confused. "Because I know." Albus wanted to keep his promise to his dad, despite his father lying to him.

"You know what's going on, don't you!" James said sounding even more annoyed. He couldn't understand why his brother was being such an ass and keeping this from them.

"Is it bad?" Lily asked, still seeming more worried about her father than annoyed with her brother like James was.

Albus said nothing.

"WHY WON'T YOU TELL US?!!?" James yelled now into the empty hallway at his brother. "WHAT'S GOING ON?!?"

"WHAT'S GOING ON IS THAT DAD IS GAY! AND HE'S DATING MR. MALFOY!" Albus just blurted out before he could stop himself, "Mom and dad both lied to us, that's why they got divorced!!"

This shocked both of his siblings into silence. Albus felt bad he had blurted it out, but it had been bottling up inside him for the last day, and he couldn't contain it anymore.

"Dad's gay..." said James finally said aloud, trying to make himself understand what he had just heard. James looked to Lily, who wore the same blank shocked expression, to his brother Albus who was just looking sadly at him.