THE REAL REASON

I hugged him tightly. I can't hide the real reason for the break up. It kills me everyday. I'm mentally drained and spiritually dead but physically I smile. I can't control myself anymore. I should tell him this. But how ? Will my words hurt him ? My brain was full of questions!!! I tried to start the conversation. But my heart stopped me. I hugged him tighter. "Henry...." I couldn't speak anymore. "Lyn,

My nights have gone sleepless,
Restless are my days,
Whatever the time is,
You are on my mind always.

Please don't hurt me anymore. I can't bear this pain. I need you in my life. Life without you is like a pen without ink. Refill the ink called love in me again. Please come back to me." A flood of tears gushed down his cheeks. "Real love can't be separated by the GOD himself. So, Henry, do you think I broke up with you just because of your mother?" I waited for his answer.

Freezing cold, not a star in the sky. The perfect atmosphere for dreams to die.

I can feel his rough palms. He was holding my cheeks. "Just tell me. Tell me the secret you're hiding from me. Please. I beg you." He kissed my forehead with his rosy and wet dry lips. After this kiss, the secret is no more secret. " I broke up with you because one day your mom met me personally and said that she wants you to marry her friend's daughter, Maria. She said she already promised her friend when you and Maria were just kids.So, as she doesn't want to break her promise she asked me to stay away from you, Henry".

"I can't hurt your mom. Cause I like her very much. You better finish your studies and find a good job. Then, get married to Maria. I won't disturb you anymore. I will transfer to a different university. Look, not everyone who falls in love is meant to be together forever. And thanks for these beautiful birthday wishes. Thanks for everything. I mean everything". Tears running down my cheeks. I hugged him tighter for the last time.