Yeojin

"Y/N! Y/N!!" You hear Yeojin's familiar voice call.

Of course it was the small yet loud girl Yeojin. A childhood best friend. "Oh hey Yeojin." You keep your eyes on your phone.

"Hey pay attention when I'm talking!!"

"Sorry i'm just waiting for someone." You look at her.

"Someone?" Yeojin lowers her voice.

"Yeah I made friends with a senior so she can drive me any where." You laugh.

"But I wanted to hang out with you." She pouts.

Honestly you felt bad. That pout had the power to guilt trip you even if you had done nothing wrong.

"I'm sorry Yeojin but we hang out almost everyday we can hang out tomorrow if you want?" You suggest trying to cheer her up.

You wondered why she seemed so upset you guys had hung out yesterday. She always seemed to wanna be around you. The only reason you became her friend is because she came up to you first.

Yeojin was still frowning though. Before you can comfort her more you get a call. You put your phone on speaker mode to hear it better.

"Hey traffic is a kinda bad right now so I'm gonna be late." Your friend said.

"Don't worry about it just be safe."

Your friend hangs up and you look over to Yeojin and see she's no longer upset.

"That means we can hang out till your friend comes." Yeojin jumps on you. You guys are the same age but she's so small that you can easily catch her.

She takes a hold of your hand and starts walking. Yeojin asks about your day, if you've eaten, and everything in between.

You guys have fun like you always do. "See you don't need anyone else to have fun." She says.

"I wonder why you're so clingy to me." You say hoping to embarrass Yeojin.

"Well I like you a lot and I know you like me so you should be with me more you know?" You feel a little surprised. Did she just confess? She said it so casually that you weren't actually sure.

"You... like me?" You ask just to confirm you heard her right.

She stops walking and turns to you. "The biggest reason I talked to you first was because you were so pretty." She giggles. "And well I just wanted to be the only girl who could make the pretty girl happy."

Wanting to break the silence but not knowing what to say you simply say "Oh."

"Heyyyy don't make it weird!! The point is it makes me jealous when you're with someone else. I'm scared you won't like me anymore..."

You never knew Yeojin felt that way. She was always clingy but you never thought she was scared for you to hang out with someone else. You felt kind of selfish because when she was jealous you didn't think much of it but it was a big deal for her.

"Yeojin you don't have to be scared i'll never leave you for someone else like that. I also wanna be the only girl to make you smile too." It was a bit embarrassing saying these things out loud. Yet you would say anything just to see Yeojin smile brightly.

After a while your friend came by to get you and this time Yeojin was able to be happy thanks to you reassuring her. She hugged you tight and reminded you to hang out with her tomorrow.