Olivia Hye

TW: Bullying

You woke up to another day of school. School used to be enjoyable when you were younger. You weren't scared of anything and could easily strike up conversations with anyone. Over the years your friends moved away and you had less and less confidence. All your social skills disappeared. It wasn't a problem till high school where people weren't afraid to speak their minds.

At first it was words like "Loner" and "Weirdo" but it gradually got worse. School turned into a hell you had to endure everyday.

Mornings weren't horrible everyone was too tired to give you anything more than a nasty look. It wasn't till you got to your actual classes where the bullying started.

The day then went on like always. It was finally your history period your least favorite. The popular girls were in your class so naturally they bullied you more than anyone.

Today you kept your head down just wanting to avoid anyone's eyes.

"Sorry i'm late everyone I was greeting your new student." Curiosity gets the best of you and you look up.

Instantly your heart skipped a beat. This girl was gorgeous. Her vibe was a bit intimidating but you couldn't help but admire her beautiful dark hair and eyes. It was as if she was unaware how amazing she looked.

Although she was very attractive she didn't really seem to like the attention. She kept a straight face and ultimately seemed like she didn't wanna be there.

"This is Olivia Hye the new student."

When the teacher told Olivia to say "hi" she waved and forced a smile. The popular kids would probably try to befriend her. Even they seemed to like this mysterious girl.

"You can take that empty seat next to Y/N." Olivia nods and takes the seat next to you.

The seat had always been empty till now. Your bullies made sure everyone would avoid you. So they would either sit in front or behind you never next to you.

"Looks like the weirdo finally has someone to sit with." One of the kids behind you said. Apparently loud enough for some people including Olivia to hear since a few laughs were heard. Olivia shook her head but didn't say anything.

When the teacher got to teaching it was hard to focus Olivia had tied her hair up. You found yourself take a few too many glances at her. She noticed since she eventually looked back at you and even smiled.

Class ended and as usual you stayed in that class to eat while everyone else headed to the cafeteria. The teacher trusted you to be alone in the classroom.

"Hey. Olivia right? Why not come to lunch with us?" A girl says.

Olivia looks at the girl and the group who followed her.

"No thanks." She gives them that same fake smile she gave everyone when class started. Then puts an earbud in and looked back at her phone.

You felt a little second hand embarrassment. No one ever rejected the popular kids so they didn't know how to react. You laughed. 

"The hell is that loser laughing at?" The same girl says before approaching you. Olivia looks up taking notice of everything.

"You wanna tell me what you were laughing at?" She begins getting aggressive. You feel yourself freeze up hating this was happening in front of the new student.

To everyone's surprise Olivia stands up and gets in front of her. "Just leave her alone." She calmly said. Probably not wanting to make a scene and just wanting them to go away.

You see the girl looks Olivia up and down before saying. "Or what?" and harshly poking Olivia on her shoulder. Olivia sighs and places her phone down. She looks back at the girl and pushes her.

Olivia's immense strength causes the girl to hit the ground hard. Everyone even you were left with your mouths wide open.

"Don't make me do something that's gonna get me expelled again." She says looking down on the girl.

No one expected that reaction. Olivia seemed quiet and reserved although a bit scary she didn't seem like the fighting type.

The group leaves probably scared Olivia would actually begin fighting someone.

She turns to you. "You ok Y/N?" You just nod though. Honestly you were still in shock by how hard Olivia pushed the girl. She was lucky if she didn't fracture a bone.

"If they bother you again just tell me ok?"

"Thank you." You had to say it this girl just saved you from those bullies.

"It's fine i've never liked bullies." She smiles at you. For the first time her smile seemed genuine.

Now that you had Olivia to protect you this class wasn't gonna be hell anymore.