✧ 6 || Home ✧

Shoyo Hinata's POV

"Hah! I beat you here!" I exclaimed when Bakayama finally met up with me at the front of the school. "You really are slow!"

"Shut up, dumbass! Maybe I would've been able to run if you didn't trip me while trying to do that stupid thunder thing!"

"It's called the rolling thunder! And it's not my fault you were in the way," I shot back.

He sighed. "Whatever, let's get going."

He turned to walk away but I stood where I was. I frowned.

"What are you waiting for, dumbass!"

"Well, I don't want to walk with you when you're angry! We'll just be fighting on our way there and that's not fun!"

It was a lie. It was fun to bicker with him because we both knew that neither of us were being serious, but I just wanted more. I wanted to know him better.

"Oh, uh, sorry then. Wanna get going?" he asked, his voice more gentle.

I gave him a bright smile. "Mhm!"

We started walking in silence, which was quite boring. The boba shop was barely a three minute walk away, but I didn't want to spend it in silence. I looked over at him, trying to make eye contact. Perhaps it might make him talk.

"Uh, yeah... sorry," he said, "I'm not really good at conversations. I don't have any experience..."

"Oh huh. That's probably why you always tease me, because it's the only thing you know how to do!" I said with a laugh.

"Shut up!" He playfully slapped my arm.

"But it's fine, because I can teach you! Hm..." I brought my hand to my chin, thinking about what we could talk about. "I think I suck at this too..."

"And you made fun of me for it. Dumbass," he scoffed.

I ignored his retort and looked up at the sky, admiring the fluffy clouds that hung above. "Well... where do you feel most at home?"

"...My home? What kind of question is that?"

I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry at Bakayama. He really lived up to his nickname. "Not in that way, Bakayama! And you call me a dumbass." I sighed. "What I mean is, what's a place that makes you feel safe and calm? A place that you can go to and feel at home."

"Oh." He looked at the sidewalk and pouted as he thought about my question. "Well, I guess it has to be our gym. Volleyball means a lot to me. Our team means a lot to me."

I smiled, sharing that feeling with him. "It means a lot to me, too."

Soon enough, we had reached the boba shop. He opened the door for me and let me go in first. Quite a change.

"Why don't you go sit down. I'll go get our orders. What do you want?"

"A small milk tea would be fine," I replied.

He nodded and walked off to go stand in line.

I took a seat at a table near a window and rested my hand on my chin, bored. He's mean to me sometimes, but he's also so sweet...

Soon, my gay thoughts were interrupted by Bakayama coming to the table.

"Thank you!" I said with a big smile as he gave me my drink.

He sat down in front of me and sipped on his boba. For a moment, there was silence. But the silence was nice, I liked it.

"What about you?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"Where do you feel at home?"

"Oh, that. Well, I feel at home in our gym too, but there's also another place," I trailed off, debating on whether or not I should tell him. He's pretty dense, I don't think he'd suspect a thing.

"I feel at home anywhere when I'm with you."

✧✦✧

Boba with Bakayama was really fun. We laughed about old memories and teased each other, but it was all in good fun. We headed out and started wandering around for a bit. It was silent for a while.

Then, tiny droplets of water fell on me, the raindrops sinking into the ground and into my hair. I looked up at the sky, and soon enough it was raining heavily. I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself. I didn't have a jacket on because I didn't expect it to rain.

Kageyama looked over at me and furrowed his eyebrows. I looked up at him and smiled. He was lucky to have a jacket on him. Perhaps he might give it to me...

"I didn't expect it to rain," I said as my teeth chattered.

Without another word, he began taking off his jacket.

It's happening. It's happening.

"Here, take my jacket," he said, holding it out in front of me. "I don't want you to get sick."

I looked up at him. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Plus... I think you'd look kinda cute in it."

Is this a dream? This has to be a dream!

I knew my cheeks had turned a light shade of pink, but his was much darker. I took the jacket from him and gave him a bright smile.

"Thank you!"

He looked away. "Shut up, dumbass."

I pulled the jacket over my arms and adjusted it. It was pretty big, but also very warm. It smelled like him too, which was nice.

"So, do I look cute?" I teased, grinning widely.

He caught onto the fact that I was trying to make him flustered and quickly wore a smirk on his face as he leaned in to whisper, "very."

His voice sent shivers down my spine. Dammit, stop making me so gay!

But I went on. "Thank you! You're so sweet." That should shut him up.

And it did. He looked away, clearly flustered.

We continued walking in silence, neither of us saying a word. Though I was still cold, the jacket helped a lot. He must be feeling cold, though...

"Do you want me to walk you to your house?" he asked.

"Hm. If you want to, sure!"

Again, silence.

"Hey, Kageyama?" He looked at me. "Can I keep your jacket for a little while? I can return it to you sometime later this week."

He shrugged. "Sure."

"Thank you again, Bakayama!"

"You don't need to thank me every time, dumbass!"

I giggled.

I wasn't lying when I said I felt at home anywhere when I was with him. And I hoped to make him feel the same thing.

Someday.

✧✦✧

Is anyone getting scared because of the amount of fluff? Good.

But hey, enjoy this fluffy chapter! I decided to go with Home from Undertale because the title fit this chapter, even though the song didn't. Undertale is an amazing game, but the fandom is just—

b a d

Anyways, that's it for today's update! I hope you guys enjoyed this!

If you liked this part, feel free to vote! I love you all so much!

With love,
     Kiri