✧ 27 || The Start of the End ✧

Kei Tsukishima's POV

"I did my part," I mumbled to Nishinoya during practice. The two of us were sitting against a wall, both worn out. "And it worked. They even kissed like you wanted."

"They sure did," he said in a nonchalant manner.

Silence.

Does he want me to say I need his help again?

This fucking—

"So," I started, irritation laced in my voice, "you're... you're helping me, right?"

Nishinoya chuckled from next to me. "Sorry, sorry, I just still find it funny to hear that."

"Tch. Shut it." I pushed up my glasses and looked away, rolling my eyes. I didn't come here to be insulted.

"Excuse me," Nishinoya said in the most dramatic voice he could, placing his hand over his heart with extra flare.

Korean drama sounding head-ass—

"Show some respect to your upperclassman and apologize!"

Irritation began to boil in me, but I decided to play along because we both knew how desperate I was. "I am sincerely sorry, Nishinoya," I said without sincerity. In a way to mock him, I placed the tips of my fingers on my chest, letting the back of my wrist point at him. I bowed down slightly. I dropped my hand and rolled my eyes. "Now then, you're helping me right?"

He sighed, looking genuinely upset. "Unfortunately. But... you didn't tell me what you need help with."

I looked around to make sure no one was listening before I lowered my voice and said, "I need help... winning back a friend."

With a mischievous smile, he tilted his head. "Oh really? Now who might that be?"

"Yamaguchi..." I mumbled under my breath, not being able to hold eye contact. I adjusted my glasses, even though they didn't need any adjusting.

"Yeah, it was obvious," he stated blatantly. His gaze was locked onto the ground and he furrowed his eyebrows. Out of nowhere, his eyes lit up and he looked up at me. "I just remembered that Yachi mentioned wanting to have a sleepover with everyone! She's planning on inviting everyone, unfortunately including you."

"And? What do you want me to do with that?"

Please don't tell me I have to attend the sleepover.

"You'll have to attend the sleepover."

Fuck.

"And what will that do?" I said, trying to sound uninterested.

There was a faint sparkle in his eyes. "You don't need to worry about that." He smiled to himself, thinking of a plan that had to have been ridiculous. "Just leave it to me."

✧✦✧

A short chapter so that I can get the others finished. Now then, any predictions about the sleepover?

Yes, I know I missed Friday but I realized that it's a small price to pay to get my updating back on track. I've been promising to update consistently but school has been getting in the way and I've overall lost the motivation and love I once had for this novel. I still enjoy writing it, it's just that... not as much? I will still continue it though, because I don't want to just discontinue it and I think the idea is still really nice.

I've been considering leaving Wattpad, but at the same time, it brings me lots of joy. I've finally gotten to the 100 followers that I always wanted, so it sucks to know that I don't enjoy writing about Haikyuu as much as I did. Your support means a lot though! And even though I've lost most of my love, every silly and supportive comment fuels me to write. Just a heads up: I might end up leaving after finishing this story. There's still a lot that's left to write, so it's not anytime soon. And perhaps things might change. Maybe I'll get the motivation to write fan fiction, but for now it feels like I've grown out of it.

Sorry to end this chapter on such a serious note! But then again, there's the name of the chapter that also does the same...

If you liked this part, feel free to vote! This is your reminder to go get yourself a glass of water!

With love,
     Kiri