✧ 14 || I Don't Care ✧

Kei Tsukishima's POV

I don't care.

I didn't care about how he was no longer sitting by my side, blabbering on about whatever he felt like. I didn't care about how he no longer walked to school with me. I didn't care about how the bright smile he once shared with me was no longer mine to see. I didn't care about how all of our inside joke would cease to exist, how all of our memories would forever be tainted with the pain of knowing I lost it all. I didn't care about how he's forgotten all about me because of his new friends, how he'll be making memories without me.

And I brought all of it on myself.

He sat there, laughing with Yachi, the smile on his face brighter than it could ever be if he was with me. That's what I wanted for him, so why did it hurt?

I didn't like any of it. I didn't like the feeling of losing someone, of being alone, of being hurt.

I don't care.

I tried to focus on my homework, but I couldn't. My mind kept going back to Yamaguchi. I couldn't stop glancing at him. I didn't want to admit it, but I wanted my old life back; I wanted him back. But I knew that if I hurt him, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. That was why I left.

I don't care.

I was sitting on the ground, my legs crossed as my knee bounced up and down. I brought my hand to my lips and picked at it-a nervous habit that only Yamaguchi knew about. Normally, it was something I would do in private, knowing that it was a sign of weakness. But I didn't care, and that I was being truthful of.

Yamaguchi's eyes met mine.

I wanted him to say anything, to do anything. Normally, he would slap my hand away or tell me to stop, but I didn't get any of that, as expected. I knew he wouldn't do anything, so why did it hurt?

I don't care.

I was brought back to reality when Kageyama entered the room. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him, ready to ask him a bunch of questions. I didn't care, though, because I couldn't care less about that shorty's well-being.

"Is he okay?" Ennoshita asked as he calmed down the chaotic duo.

"Well, he has a fever and Sugawara said he has the flu. They're gonna call his mom but for now he's resting. Daichi and Sugawara said they'll take care of him," Kageyama replied. He looked down at the ground and pouted. "I don't think he'll be able to play volleyball..." he mumbled under his breath.

Wow, that's what the King cares about? Moron.

Yamaguchi, however, gave him a smile as he said, "don't worry, I'm sure he'll be fine!"

I don't care.

After everyone had settled down, things went back to normal.

"I have a question..." It was Asahi who broke the silence. He continued to speak once he everyone's attention. "Does anyone know what's happening between Daichi and Suga?"

And Kageyama spoke before anyone. "Oh, I think they're dating," he said casually.

"Wait... what?" came from Tanaka and Nishinoya.