✧ 8 || Under the Setting Sun ✧

Tadashi Yamaguchi's POV

The wind howled at the two of us, slipping past the branches of the trees that stood behind. The air was cold and crisp. Grey clouds hung from the sky, threatening to make it rain any second. Heavy fog filled the air around us. Leaves that fell from the trees danced in the wind. Their rhythmic twirls in the air were stopped when they rolled off of the cliff, descending down to the endless pit that sat below.

He stood there, his cold eyes glaring at me through his glasses, his blond hair messily sitting atop his head.

We didn't say anything.

And that silence hung from the sky, making the clouds so heavy that rain dripped onto my skin. Soon, it started pouring. And we stood there in that rain, sharing the same pain, the same feeling of melancholy with each other.

His eyes were so sharp that they pierced through my soul. He started moving closer to me, but I didn't move back. I couldn't. My feet were cemented onto the ground.

"What are you doing?" I managed to ask him. My voice was barely a whisper.

But he didn't bother to answer me, instead lightly placing his hands on my shoulders and using very little force to push me back.

And I fell.

Like the leaves that descended down the endless pit, I sank into the abyss too. I felt so weightless as I dropped, yet I still felt the weight of carrying the pain he gave me.

Down, down, down I went.

Until...

✧✦✧

I woke up, gasping for air. I clutched my chest and took in some deep breaths, trying to calm the pounding of my heart.

It was just a dream.

But so close to reality.

My chest hurt, and I wasn't sure as to why. My heart felt heavy, too. I decided that the best decision would be to ignore it all. It would go away then, right?

I got out of bed and went to go get ready. Today was going to be a long day.

✧✦✧

I wandered around the school halls during lunch, hoping to find Hinata and Kageyama or perhaps Yachi. It felt odd. It felt odd not to be following someone around, to decide where to go on my own, to not have someone to ramble to, to be alone.

Why does it hurt so badly?

Do I deserve this?

Am I a bad person?

When will it stop?

I was sure I looked like a lost puppy wandering around on the streets, I was just pathetic. Where are they...? I started to walk faster. My destination was unknown, but I didn't care.

Where are they? Where are they? Where are they?

I could feel the thrashing of my heart against my ribcage. It was as if the ceiling above me dropped. The walls were caving in and suddenly I couldn't breathe. Everyone was watching. I was alone and everyone knew that.