III. Akane x Aoi : Lost in Illusion

Note; this was rushed, it is a redo of the original product which I have lost due to stupidity. Amen, the admin has started losing motivation yet again that time.

-

The silent place was in flames, the blaze was roaring as everything was slowly being turned into dust. The scene was truly a mess, everything had fallen unto ruckus. Halls were tainted with crimson red and the color of sienna, burns crawled up to the vault, enclosure engulfed by flames, and thick smoke spread throughout the air that it was suffocating.

Radiance of the flames looked much alike the area of hell, eating away at everything it could consume. Heat engulfing the entire place. However, the vague luster of the blaze, the smell of the scorching timber had attracted one's scrutiny; he reached out within the fire as he longed to feel the warmth inside once again.

"Akane-kun.. don't do that, it'll be bad for you." From a corner of the expanse, a young maiden with silky locks, azure eyes that captured anyone's heart arose of the tenebrosity. Her moving lips as she uttered those words looked so alluring that it tempted him to brush off his lips on hers. He would've loved to do so, to feel her lips against his would bring him gaiety. Only if he could- he but he was taken off the ability to be able to do so due to his unending hesitancy. To tell what was a truth or what was a hoax, he couldn't do so.

Everything he wasn't sure of, his feelings, his memories. Although whether it was a fact or a fake, it didn't really matter to him- what mattered was what they caused, the uncomfortable feeling of being unable to distinguish such things; of not being to know one's self.

Suspicion will never leave his mind, his thoughts will forever be filled with such doubt and mistrust. It was the fate he had since the start. He was unable to believe anything or anyone there, including himself.

"Ao-san... you're not real.. aren't you?" Muttered under his breath, his eyes drifted down on the burning floors; avoiding eye contact with the girl by all means. Orbs started to look around as realization struck the lad, corpses of people were on the ground; some were burnt to a crisp and some lying on a pool of their own carmine liquid, full of stabs.

Footsteps of the other started to go louder as she came closer to where he stood. She pulled his face up using his chin, gaze directly staring into his soul. They were at the center of all the dead and fire, yet she smiled as sweet as candy though her dull azure eyes said otherwise. Another thing that had attracted his attention, was her right hand which was holding a glimmering knife, stained with blood.

Was this.. always the Ao he knew? one that would end people's lives for her own happiness. Maybe it was her hidden side, he wasn't sure. Though she might've really planned to end his life when the clock strikes and time passes by, maybe he was just used and everything was a lie. But one thing was for sure, they could have never end up together whatever had occurred in the future. They were not meant to be, it could never be possible.

Windows closed and curtains covering them in the night let no space for the moonlight to escape and bright light within, the only light source they had were the burning flames. The heat it had added more pain, it was as if it were torture. The darkness was the same as her ruthless heart and his complicated thoughts. It let no light seep through that they were being consumed by evil and despair, greed and hatred.

A curse, it was a curse put upon them. It is their belief, they could never be normal. The mental disabilities and illnesses they had will always bring conflict and pain, they would never be understood and none of them could meet what happiness was during the time they lived on. Even normal hobbies and such they couldn't do as they could not blend in to the society, it was a harsh reality.

"Ao-san.. if we can't be together then.." The lad grasped the female's hand tightly, not letting her go as he dragged her with him; walking towards an area of the room where the flame shone as brightest as ever. The light it had was blinding, for once they could see such a brightness inside their lives and warmth as if they were finally loved and accepted.

"Then let's die together instead." He continued with the most sweetest smile he could muster creeping up the edges of his lips. Staring at the girl happily as she shot a confused look; trying to escape from the male's grip yet to no avail.

Failing to escape, Akane pulled Aoi with him, a happy smile on his face as the flames kissed them goodbye. The struggling girl now silently rested as the flames attached themselves to her smooth skin, exposing her bare muscles before they instantly burn. Her face was being ruined by the heat of the inferno, but she had smiled back. Giving Akane a peck on the cheek as tears that formed on the corner of her eyes escaped from their captivity. Crimson fluid fell on the floor as the flames consumed them, in the end, there were nothing left of them but a burnt body that was ruined.

They couldn't be together, his dream of marrying her would never happen, his doubts would always get in the way and she had become a killer. She was a betrayer yet he loved him so much that it was worth it to lose his life along with hers, they met their demise together at least. Now they were souls that haunted the campus, for they hadn't met their normality in the end. They were not successfully cured.

A happy life was not what was awaiting them but rather a rocky path of complications, hesitations, confusions and conflict yet they've decided to end their own life before it even continued, before the future even started; as the saying goes- not all stories end happily.

Killed and burned during the time of legality, it was 7pm. So no crime was done, it was legal to kill and be killed, all those people who met their death could never be brought to justice despite seemingly being a massacre. Such a cruel rule it was, now Kamome Gakuen is a place for tragedy due to their principal's insanity. To be normal would never be a possibility for the students to become.

.

.

.

.

Honestly though, it was all upon his mind... the only ones who died were; Akane Aoi and Aoi Akane. The boy had started a fire as he dragged the confused girl in front of her doorstep along with him, the blaze had grew large and strong enough to burn an entire room. Akane and Aoi were found burnt nearby the door of the lad's room, there was no remnant of their memories nor things attributed to them. Their existence were to be forgotten, neither do their parents care for their lowly children who were on the verge of insanity.

Of course, he had realized this seconds before he met his end yet he couldn't say no more. Regret will forever fill his soul as he had taken their only chance to being normal, he had committed something he shouldn't have. All the dreams that could've been possible one day was destroyed, all because he was lost in illusion once more. It was the cause of dementia and instability of insanity.

He could do nothing no more but accept his dying fate to his own delusions. Although it had made him happy to at least die within the arms of his beloved, to be with her side til the very end even though it was his own fault for their bad end.

Somehow, it wasn't really bad to get lost inside that core of illusion.

Fin.