Chapter four- Royal anxiety

"A dead Shintu man was found in at the bank of the Tiramu River King Toga, this is the closest I have seen them come to our territory."

The advisors and Chiefs had assembled in the throne room. With some having more to say than others, the shock of the incident was clouding all of their minds.

"He could have drifted down to us; we cannot be totally sure where his death took place advisor Ziyani."

Chief Moyo spoke with such assertiveness, it made the assembly question if even he, could fall for the words he was speaking. King Toga sunk further into his throne and buried his head in the palm of his hands.

"It cannot end like this, she is all I have."

"My King, do not be discouraged, we cannot lose heart before we find out the true reason why he was found in Karimba."

Ziyani always kept a watchful eye on King Toga, he struggled with his own breathe when he sensed that King Toga was under any sort of strain.

"And if we don't? Are we just going to sit here with our arms crossed?" Remarked one of the advisors.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news and shed light on the murky waters, but, My King, Menhe did inform us that one of the village men confessed to killing him when he spotted him by the river, as he felt that he was a potential threat, dare I say a spy." Rima gently added.

There was uproar in the throne room. Whispers and mumbling filled the air.

"How would he have come through?"

"Narufu has finally awakened..."

"Silence! Settle down men!"

Ziyani's plea to restore order was completely ignored.

"Ask Menhe and his men for yourself..."

Rima always stirred trouble. As Chief Moyo's first born son, he felt total entitlement to fill his father's place after his passing. With the relation he had to his father, he was granted the permission to attend special meetings to the assemblies' dismay. His eyes were dark with hatred and his heart thirst for bloodshed as he felt it was the only way he could prove his power, through war.

"Can you take some time to hear what you are saying; do you know what a village man can gain from lying that he killed a potential spy? I would not trust word of mouth Rima."

Chief Moyo sent a stern look over to Rima, reprimanding him of whatever he was going to do next; however, Rima did not seem interested in dancing to his father's drum.

"The best we can do is to get our men ready."

Rima fixated his eyes on Ziyani like a cheetah does to the kudu, waiting for his retaliation, if he would be still or make the next move.

"How can you suggest bloodshed at the smallest alert of danger? We have no certainty that King Narufu is seeking to battle...even though he has every reason to."

Ziyani raised his head to face Rima and read his intentions.

"We are not here for child's play; we are here to take correct action as the leading men of this tribe!"

Rima was going to plough his opinion through until it was clearly heard.

"Menhe did say that Runesu saw a Shintu man on the day the bull's horn was blown..."

Rima's face gleamed with pride and graced by a slight smirk as he sat higher on his seat.

"That is quite enough Rima!"

Chief Moyo's words spilt out of his mouth in short outbursts, as if his words had been compressed in by his tongue.

"What did you just say?"