Chapter eleven- Evening butterflies

The alchemy between Runesu and Chima was tangible, the wind echoed it and the segments of soil beneath their feet absorbed its sweetness. Seated on a wide smooth rock beneath the canopy of the Msasa tree, Chima could see Runesu's heart beat faster and Runesu could feel the flow of Chima's blood rush in his veins.

"Come closer, you are seated so far away."

Chima's soft spoken speech was contradictory to his strong masculine presence. Runesu liked it.

" I shouldn't even be seated here, I need to go..."

"Yet you are still here, I won't touch a hair on your head I promise... I just want to see you better."

Shyly looking down and folding in her lips in order to not reveal a subtle smile, Runesu slowly slid closer to Chima without the need of a second plea from him.

"That's better... I am grateful to be able to set my gaze onto you considering that I was not able to dance with you, I was looking forward to it."

Flashing a teethy white smile, a slight burning sensation blanketed Runesu's warm skin, triggering the hairs from her head to the bottom of her sole to stand in unison. A foreign feeling, however a feeling that she would trade for all others in a heartbeat.

" I will only hold your hand if you allow me to..."

Chima was close, his fingers twitched as his hand lay next to Runesu's, his breathe mingling with hers. Runesu couldn't understand what was wrong with her, she wanted to not only be touched by Chima, she wanted to be engulfed, submitted into and swim in his presence for the rest of every passing moment.

"Chima..."

"I don't understand why you push me away when your eyes always tell me otherwise, whatever it is, I will endure it Runesu...even to go back to battle with the Ruveso tribe, I will do it for you."

Runesu felt disoriented and sick, Chima's unconsciously harmless words were able to mound her back to the sanity that always melted in his presence.

"It's been a hard day for me, forgive me but I'm taking my leave."

Hurriedly walking away from the rock, Runesu's exit was delayed by a gentle hold on her wrist... what was it with men and holding her back today?

"Why do the village women shun you? "

Runesu's eyes widened.

"What does that have to do with anything Chima?"

Chima released Runesu's wrist as his domineering presence rose and he looked down sincerely into her eyes.

"You aren't pushing me away because of hate or disinterest, you are pushing me away because of your disinterest of our people... I don't know why yet, but I will find out."

"So now you are accusing me of treachery is that it?"

"Ayewa Runesu, That is not what I'm saying..."

"What else could that possibly mean then?"

"People fall out of love with their people and culture for many reasons, sometimes due to the hurt inflicted upon them by the community...let me know and I will listen Runesu."

Runesu stood as still as her surroundings had been around her. She was finding it difficult to breathe, difficult to bear each lie she had to formulate every time she spoke. Chima was a clear pothole of water she felt she was washing her dirty body in every time they interacted,exposing her truth. It was becoming difficult for her to bear, her only alternative now was to run, lying had failed.

"There is nothing there for you to figure out Chima, this is just how I am, I am just not as interested in you as you think."

Runesu failed to say that with an aggressive tone, it sounded more flirtatious than hardcore and cold.

"Is that so? Do I have to do musengabere for you to be my wife?

Runesu never understood Pokoda traditional practices, how could a man just carry away the woman he wanted to his home and force her to marry him? Runesu was always at risk with her lack of a voluptuous structure, therefore she always reciprocated men approaching her with a glare and coldness, a coldness that melted at the warmth of Chima's exuberant energy.

" I never understand your silly cultural practices."

Runesu said slightly more relaxed with a subtle smile on her face.

Chima looked amused but a little bit puzzled.

"My silly cultural practices you say...not ours?"

"Aikaka, the slip of the tongue, oh Karimba how silly of me."

Chima's face wrinkled with confusion, it still held onto its gentle smile. Although Runesu could feel how careless she had gotten, she could not stop admiring the strong physique that was perched in front of her. She yearned for greater skinship than a subtle caress of the wrist, of a deeper smile from Chima that could possibly be translated to the perching of his lips onto hers. Runesu felt like she was losing her mind, willing to risk her life to see a man smile back at her, look at her with those eyes of appreciation... genuinely.

" I have to go, I am being waited on."

Without a goodbye, Runesu subtly fled from Chima. She had to leave. Never in her life did a man not hold power over her and make her feel the need to willingly submit, subdue beneath his presence and make her want to beg of his guidance and companionship. It was absurd.

"Runesu...."

She refused to turn back.

...............................................................................................................................................

Hello my Jelly babies🤗

How's it going...?

I really hope you're enjoying this, I would love to know that my content if making a special someone out there happy.

As you always know, I have much love for you.❤️

Remember to vote for every chapter and comment.

Allow me to tempt you lol😉

Xoxo

Wordtyper

...............................................................................................................................................