Chapter 21: sudden

It was a rainy day. Adrien still stuck at home waiting for something to happen. More like an Akuma attack.

Adrien felt down lately. He never had much rest. He never got the chance to be let out. He felt annoyed and alone. He looked up and played with his ball by throwing it up and catching it. He never felt so alone in his life.

He felt like a robot. Doing and agreeing with everything his father said. He couldn't do anything about it. He had no control whatsoever.
He threw his ball at a wall. He couldn't help it. And then he looked down. Nothing he did help the situation.

He sighed and glanced at the window. Wondering what his friends are doing now and what he is missing out on. He felt uneasy.

"Plag?"
"what's up kid?"
"will you think I will be let out any soon?"
"Adrien it's not like your in prison. Of course, why do you think that?"
"my fathers hiding something I know it. And I really wanna find out."
"How are you going to sneak in and overhear what they are talking about? It's impossible! Kid, I ain't letting you risk it. You were close last time and Natalie almost rattled on you. What I am trying to say is... You can't. Not now at least. However, you can if you think it's right."
"Plag I know my own home inside out, I know how to handle it. All I wanna do is hear the conversation they are having and quickly dip out."
"Your plan sucks. Are you forgetting the cameras helloooooo"
"I won't be seen by it"
"you sure you can handle it, Kid?"
"yep! And besides, what am I supposed to do all day in my room all day. It's so boring. I just wanna see what they are talking about and then slide out."
"Fine kid. But if you're dead don't come running back to me."
"I won't"
"and why is that?"
"because dead people can't run"

It was dead silence and Plag broke it with a "pfft"
And they both started laughing.

Adrian felt better.  And smiled. But something felt tense and he tensed up. He felt something but didn't know what it was. He felt uneasy. Like some kind of power under his feet. He was kind of curious and because of it, he took off.

He went down the stairs and into his father's workroom. All he saw was plans. But he realised it wasn't a design plan it was something else and then heard Nathalie and his father talking.

"I see... Our last plan failed I don't need you to cover for me. You might get..."
"Sir I am fine and I know it. I can handle it. It's fine now. Because it's fixed now I can be alongside you at all times."
"Nathalie! I don't have time for this nuisance, I can't risk it now. Not yet. I need you for-"

His father stopped and looked sideways.
Gabriel thought he heard someone overhearing his conversion with Nathalie.

"WHO IS THERE! I DEMAND YOU TO SHOW YOURSELF!"

The whole room went silent.
Adrian slipped behind the door and shut his mouth. He knew he got caught and if he didn't own up he would be in serious trouble.

Gabriel asked again.
"who is there? I demand to see you at once!"

Adrian knew he had to make a move. But his shoelace got stuck by the door he tried to pull it out and then...

**snap**

It got free! Broken in half. He started to run. He ran and he made slight movements. He panicked.

He ran all the way to his room closing the door quietly.

He sighed of relief. He thought he would have been caught. His shoelace was giving him a hard time to slip out easily.

He was grateful he managed to get out of it without any problems.

He was thinking of what his father said.

What did he mean by risks?
What was he talking about?
Is Nathalie sick?
Does Nathalie love his father?
Did they not want anyone to hear?
Where they planning something bad?

All these questions were stuck in his head. He didn't know how to react to that conversation.

He knew they didn't want Adrien to know about what they were talking about.

Was it that important?

He thought to himself and then shrugged off that thought.

But those questions triggered.

He knew he should get some rest. Tomorrow he had additional classes and on top of that, he felt tired and needed some rest.

Tomorrow was a big day indeed.