Chapter 22:cheese needs to wait.

Adrien felt tired and wanted to sleep more. He was exhausted from all that thinking he did yesterday. He just couldn't sleep as easily as he used to. Thinking about his friends, his school and his fathers and Nathalie's conversation. It was bugging him all night. He barely thought about his homeschooling.

He told Plag about the conversation he overheard by Nathalie and his father.

"well, Kid this sounds really fishy. I don't think it's good if you go back again for a round 2"
"I wasn't thinking about it anyway... I don't want to get caught. I was lucky this time I survived barely."

Plag thought it was very suspicious to him. He was thinking about it more than Adrien and wanted to overhear the conversation himself. He was getting worried even more. For the first time in his life, he wasn't thinking about cheese. Something even worse. Plag knew he had to do something but he couldn't anyway.

"Kid don't go back. I just have a bad feeling. Not to burst your excitement of freedom and that-"
"I know what you mean Plag. I won't go back there again."

"Nathalie."
"yes sir what do you need?"
"I found a broken shoelace of the person who was spying on us yesterday. I don't recognize it do you?"
"I don't know sir... May I have a look at it?"
"yes, please Nathalie."

Nathalie took a look at the shoelace. At first, she had no idea of whom it belonged to but then she had a second glance and she gulped.

"sir I know who this belongs to."
"who does it belong to?"
"you might be surprised but... It's your son Adrien's."
"My son is stuck in his bedroom all day. He would never disobey me."
"I am sure of it. it's your son's fencing shoes."
"why would he want to listen to our conversation?"
"I also saw your son the other day come from the window. He sneaks out of the house. Without you knowing. He keeps a lot of secrets from you as well-"
"I know my son. He is not like that."
"Do you really know him? Because i feel like hes hiding a big secret from-"

As soon as Nathalie was about to finish her sentence Gabriel interrupted and added...

"Nathalie. Are you saying that I don't know my own son? I know him. He does fencing at 10:00 am and-"
"no. Gabriel, he's hiding something. Something big. And he won't tell me."
"The real question is why did he spy on us the other day? He knows he's not allowed to come out of his room after 9 pm. And what if it's true. Maybe he's hiding something. I know it for a fact. We will see his next move and if he doesn't leave his room a whole day I will forget this conversation even happened. But keep an eye on him, Nathalie."
"yes sir. I will. And also  Tomoe Tsurugi scheduled a meeting do you want to accept the meeting or decline?"
"I have a lot of work. Tell her I declined the meeting."
"yes sir."

Today was the unexpected plan Marinette and Nino made. Marinette knew it wasn't going to work but still wanted it work at the same time.

She knew the plan was too overwhelming. Overwhelming for Kagami. Kagami said the plan worked but Gabriel declined to meet up. So the plan failed.

Marinette banged her head on the table. Her head was spinning. She couldn't do anything right.

"Ughhh the plan totally failed!!! I can't do anything!!!"

Marinette in her head was thinking to herself.

I am sorry Adrien... I can't do anything. My plan was a bust and I have no other plan to get you out...stay strong! I will find another way to get you out! I promise! All I need you to do is hope for the best. I will figure out a plan! And when I will you will be free. The first time I saw you my life changed in a flash. And now I am going to do the same and get you out of there!

Soon...

Marinette had no plan so far... It was getting a bit dark and thought she should get some rest for tomorrow's pop quiz.

Nathalie was thinking to herself.

I need to know what Adrian is up to. He's been acting very suspicious lately, and I feel like Adrian is another person. He's been acting very cautious of what he does. And I feel his pressure every day. Even before he was locked in his home he was different. I sense a whole amount of stress. I don't know what he does to get that stress but I know that his father drives him crazy.

The other day Adrian talked back to his father for the first time. I felt he was a different person. A person I've never seen before. He is the same person but acts differently.
And it's my duty to find out what exactly Adrian is up to. I will keep a close eye on him at all times.

But the day I saw him come in from the window... I saw a different side of him I don't know yet. He's been keeping secrets from his father. I know that.

I think Gabriel is not himself lately, his son is all alone. But does he give a damn? Of course not! He's the same Gabriel since we were kids! He never thinks of his own family. And Adrian needs support. He does realise he lost his mother. He missed Emily as well. But Adrian handled it by himself. Gabriel can't forget about her. She was in his heart and he loved her. I really would do it differently but I am not Mr Agreste. I am not like him. I am his assistant and that's all.

Nathalie closed the door and went back to work. But her thoughts we're still the same.

Her thoughts running around her head.
And eventually, she fell as sleep in her workplace.