VIII

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

RICK AND SHANE DECIDED TO LOCK HIM UP in the barn until tomorrow. I volunteered to be the one to go and interrogated him. I knew I would be good at it. I knew how men thought, it was easy to get inside their head. However, the men in the camp didn't seem to comfortable about this. Said they didn't trust Randell around me. They still underestimated me.

Shane said I could only go in and interrogate him if one of the men were outside. Daryl agreed with Shane on this. This was the first time he had even acknowledged me since the argument.
This was all a little sexist if you asked me.

After Shane found out what happened between me and Andrea he came to talk to me. We were both sat on crates below my tree.
"You gotta ease up with her" he said looking at me.
I frowned.

"She's been through a lot" he said sounding sincere.

"We've all been through a lot Shane" I replied quietly.

"C'mon Izzy" he said a little disappointed.

"You're fucking her aren't you?" I said laughing a little.

"Not yet" he shrugged.

"Shane" I said chucking. "Well I'm sorry for breaking your fuck buddies jaw"

He shook his head at me laughing.

"I'll go for the nose next time" I shrugged.

There was a moment of awkward silence between me and Shane.
"You really did that damage with ur left hand?" He asked in disbelief.

"Well I didn't do it with my right" I said looking down at my bandaged hand.

"You really are something" he said looking at me. We held eye contact for a while. I didn't know what to do.
Did I like this?

"Well" I said standing up and breaking the tension.

"You better run back to ur sex doll" I added making a clear reference to Andrea.

"Maybe I don't want to" he said moving closer.

I moved towards him placing my hands on his chest and giving him a small peck on his lips before standing back.
"Goodnight" I said with a small smile.
"Goodnight Izzy" he said before walking away.

I didn't really want to kiss him, well I don't think I did. I knew for certain that I didn't want anything else from him so kissing him was the quickest way out.

I climbed up my tree, got comfy, well, as comfy as I was going to get, rested my head against a branch and looked up to the stars.

I had my right arm laid across my chest. It was much better here as I was less likely to damage it. In all honesty, it still hurt like a bitch but I couldn't tell anyone as they would definitely make me rest and I wasn't prepared to do that.