XII

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

3 months later

WE HAD BEEN CHASED FROM PILLAR TO POST by walkers. As soon as we settled, we needed to be up and running once again. This was the life we lived now. After what the group had been through it was hard for us all to communicate, on top of this, we were all exhausted. All of us were sleep deprived and stressed, nobody had the energy to talk. Lori was about 5 months pregnant now which made things increasing difficult, keeping her alive was our main priority.

We had found an abandoned school. It was clear there were walkers inside but if we could isolate a certain area this could work for a few days. We found a small window at ground level which we could wriggle though. We were all quickly crawling through the window. Rick and Daryl went through first to make sure the room we were climbing into was clear while I helped everyone through. I wasn't going in until everyone else was inside.

It was hard for everyone to get through the window as it was only a small window. Walkers started to surround us and only Rick, Daryl and Hershel were inside.
"I got it" I said moving closer to the walkers. I pulled out both of my knifes and kept them ready in my hands.

Hershel took my cast off about 2 months ago - that was probably the best thing that has happened during the apocalypse. However, been forced to use my left hand meant that I had gained skill and strength.

I waited for two walkers to come close to me before simultaneously slamming a knife in both of their heads. I moved in and out the walkers continued to dodge their bites and killed them.
I noticed a figure near by helping me kill them. It was Carl. He was slamming his knife into a walkers head.

"Carl get back!" I yelled.

"You need help" he said moving towards another walker.

"You need to get back right now" I said killing another walker.

More and more began to bombard us. It was too dangerous even for me.
I looked back to the school to see only Carol needed to go through the window.

"Carl go to the window now. It's your turn" I said while retreating.
"We still need to kill them" he said to me.
"No Carl we've got to go. Come on" I said not taking my eyes off him.

More walkers were been drawn to us.

"Not yet" he said moving in on another walker. Just as he did a walker grabbed onto the back on him causing him to drop his knife. He fell to the floor with two walkers on him and more were moving in.
"Carl!" Rick yelled from within the school.

I raced towards him throwing one of my knifes at a walkers skull. It collapsed on top of Carl. Once I reached him, I kicked the other walker off before stabbing my knife into its head.

I dragged Carl up and threw him over my shoulder holding him on with one arm while I still held my knife in the other.

I started to make a run for the school when my free arm was pulled back by a walker. I tossed my arm around trying to free myself but I couldn't get it off. Carl was panicking from over my shoulder. I screamed as it bared it's teeth before moving towards my arm. Quickly, I brought my leg up kicking it hard in the stomach making it stumble back and let go of me. I brought my arm up and shoved my knife through it's eye. I turned quickly running for the window with walkers still on my tail.
As I ran to the open window I could see the whole group looking on through other ground windows.
They were all scared. Me too.