XXXVI

DARYL

DARYL

I WOKE UP FEELING SHIT. I'd fucked up with Belle, I didn't mean to but I'd managed to do it.
I just wish she'd want to stay at the prison. With me. But she still wishes she left, after everything we've been through.
I guess... I thought me and Belle had something... I don't know, I'd never properly been in a relationship.

I wish I knew how to speak to her. Tell her how I felt. But I didn't even know how I felt, I just wanted her.

I left my perch, moving to Belle's cell. As soon as I reached the cell door, I noticed she'd gone.
I presumed she'd got up early to spend time with kids... not her kids - yano Carl, Judith and Mika. But part of me couldn't help think she'd took off. I took another glance around her cell noticing her rucksack was still there and most of her weapons. This was good.

I decided to go see Merle before heading down for breakfast with him. I moved along the walkway, my boots tapping against the metal as I did so.

As soon as I reached the cell, I came face to face with Merle who was pulling pants up. He looked up at me awkwardly while I quickly looked away. I looked towards Merle's bed where I saw Belle sprawled it.

I felt my heart plummet into my stomach. My brother had fucked Izzy. I couldn't even begin to process what was going on.
My head began to bead up with sweat, as my vision went blurred. I quickly stepped back, staggering backwards down the walk way.

"Daryl" Merle said moving towards me looking panicked.

"Don't" I managed to force out through gritted teeth.  My blood ran cold as I couldn't get the image of them two together out of my head. How could my own brother do this to me? How going Izzy do this to me? I get it, we'd upset each other last night, but she was still my best friend and I could never hurt her, but she was okay with hurting me.

She was drunk. Merle took advantage of her.

I seethed as I grabbed Merle by the collar slamming him into the wall.

"Just listen" Merle yelled.

"Ya fucked my - Urm - Izzy?" I yelled fumbling over my words.
I dropped my hands off him before swinging my right hand, making contact with his jaw.

"Fuck sake lil bro" he mumbled clutching it.

I shifted again, moving in for another punch.
"We didn't fuck alright" he yelled raising his hands up.
I stopped for a second studying his face.

"Just lemme explain bro" he said. Before I could even agree he grabbed me, pulling me into his cell. I moved over to the bed next to Izzy before turning back round to Merle with my arms folded over my chest.