XVII

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

WHILE RICK AND DARYL left with the prisoners to make some sort of deal I stayed in the cell block to protect the group if anyone else went down.
The prisoners agreed on giving us half of their food for us to help them clear out a cell block. We were going to be neighbours. Brilliant.

"Why do I need this when I got this?" Tomas asked arrogantly holding up a gun.
"You don't fire guns,not unless your back's up against a wall. Noise attracts them. It really riles them" Daryl said relaxed, honestly he did pretty well to keep his cool.
"These things only go down with a head shot" T-Dog added.
"You ain't gotta tell us how to take out a man" Tomas spat at T-Dog. This annoyed me in so many ways.
"They ain't men" I said to Tomas annoyed "you've gotta them in the head or they'll rip you limb from limb" I said smiling a little at the last bit.
He glared at me for a long time before looking away.

"It's coming!" Axel yelled as we saw a lone walker staggering down the tomb snarling and snapping its teeth.
"Shhh" Rick warned looking at Axel.
All the prisoners looked at each other before charging at the walker yelling. They continued to yell injuring the walker in any place but it's head.
Nice one.
Honestly, I had second hand embarrassment.

"You wanna taste me?" Axel yelled trying to intimidate the walker.

I shook my head with a small smile on my face. I glanced over at Daryl who also had a little smile on his face. It was nice to see.

I stood leant against the wall with my arms folded over my chest waiting for them to finally kill the walker.

"Well done guys" I said sarcastically over acting my praise "you killed it so quick and efficiently!"
T-Dog sniggered at my comment moving to stand next to me.

"It's gotta be the brain. Not the stomach, not the heart...the brain" Daryl said as if he was talking to a bunch of children. I think he would have had better luck talking to kids.

More walkers began to stagger around the corner moving towards us.

"Stay in tight formation. No more prison riot crap" Rick warned looking between the men.

All the men moved towards the walkers working a little better this time. I wouldn't say it's great though.
One of the walkers lunges at one of the prisoners that they call 'big tiny' and scratched his shoulder. Rick and Daryl quickly killed the other walkers so that we could see what the damage had been to Big tiny.
"I'm telling you, I don't feel anything. It's just a scratch" Big Tiny said panicking looking at us all. I looked back at him with sympathy.

"I'm sorry man" Rick replied.

"You cut off that old guys leg to save his life" Andrew said edging closer to Rick.

"Look where it is" I grumbled. There's no chance we would be able to cut it off. It was just a matter of time and we'd find out if you could turn from a walker scratch.