Trisha's Birthday

The bell rings and I rush to the door to answer it. My hands are dirty with the cake mix, my hair looks messy and there's probably a bit of chocolate on my nose. In short, I look like shit. Fun fact: it's my birthday today and I invited the only two friends I have - Ayesha and Arjun. I don't know if any of them is getting me a cake and I obviously can't ask, so I decided to bake a cake for myself, just in case.

I open the door to see Arjun standing, well-dressed, holding flowers and a gift-wrapped box in his hands, looking super handsome. However, what caught my attention was his hairstyle. He managed to pull off a long quiff hairstyle and I'm actually pretty impressed and also surprised because I randomly told him one day that I really love Zayn Malik's style, especially how his whole hair is loosely slicked back with a strand naturally falling in the front. He did exactly that, and it suits him too well.

"Happy Birthday, gorgeous", he says, placing a quick peck on my lips and handing me the flowers and the gift.

"Thankyou! You look amazing", I tell him.

"Thanks, the whole point was to impress you", he says and takes a pause scanning me from top to bottom, "Am I early to the party?"

"Yes, you are", I shyly nod, "come on, in. Make yourself at home".

"Okay, let me hold those for you", he says walking in, taking the flowers and gift box from me and he places it on the table. He jumps onto the sofa, turns the TV on and plays some random music.

I walk into the kitchen, pour the cake batter into the baking tray and put it in the oven. I clean my hands, grab a towel and go to take a quick shower. I don't usually spend much every year for my birthday, but I decided that I deserve to pamper myself. (Not really, Ayesha forced me to buy a good, expensive outfit).

My outfit is a medium-length body wrap dress in black and gold, with a single elbow-length flared sleeve and I decided to pair it with a narrow chained belt, hoop earrings and high-heels. I do minimal amount of makeup and do my hair, before finally going out. I definitely could do more makeup, but what's the point of doing so much for a three person party at my own house.

I walk into the hall and stand there awkwardly, waiting for Arjun to shift his gaze from the TV onto me.

"Hey", I call him after waiting for three minutes and he turns to look at me, "what do you think?"

"Oh God! Fuck!", he says standing up from his place and walking towards me. He snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and holding my face with his other hand, "you look so hot. I wanted to say something like- 'you look gorgeous or beautiful' but oh, you look really hot".

I break eye contact, looking down and biting my lip, blushing. He bends a little down, trying to make eye-contact. I look up at him and he kisses me. My heart skips a beat, a heat of warmth washing over me, my mouth involuntarily finding its way to sync with his movements. This one was different from all the kisses we had in the past two weeks, this is hot, swift, intense and demanding. There's a certain soft roughness to it, a feeling which is only making my heart race and ask for more. My hands play around his body, pulling him in as his fingers find their way all over my skin, running over my neck, my collarbone and down to my breasts.

"Ew, gross", I hear a voice and I jump out of my skin, breaking the kiss.

"Oh God, Ayesha!", I yell,  turning around and looking at her standing right behind me.

"How horny are you two?", she remarks, taking a bite of a cake. Wait, what?

"She came when you were in the shower", Arjun informs me.

"Wait, Ayesha.. did you take the cake from the oven? It was supposed to be my birthday cake!"

"Oh shut up, I got you a really good one. Why on earth would you make your own cake, though?"