Off-rica!

"There are a few girls at work who want to talk to you", I inform Karan.

I promised them at lunch that I'd introduce him to them and since then, they couldn't wait. It's almost the end of the day and they're all waiting at the lift hoping to run into him. Payal works on the second floor and she has piles of work lying there, and she's been on my floor for two hours now. I have no idea even until now what part of him they find cute. Dolly and Natasha work on the first floor and both of them have a lot of great contacts. They usually get to meet a lot of celebrities in the studio, they meet a couple of famous politicians too. So, the amount of work they have is unimaginable. And yet, here they are, running around like teenage schoolgirls.

Dolly only keeps saying, 'Omg, he's so tall' in a weird squeaky voice. Who's gonna tell her that trees are taller?

"And who are these girls?"

"Just a couple of them who work here".

"Wait, did you make friends or what?"

"I think I did. Karan, just come with me and meet them, okay? I've to go home early".

Yeah, I've to go and meet Ayesha.

"Are these friends of yours like Ayesha? Senseless, aggressive, narcissistic?"

I push the files on his table onto the floor swiftly.

"Oops, by mistake. I'm so clumsy!", I say with a smile on my face.

"You better watch that attitude".

"Or what?", I challenge him. My sudden found confidence always peeps in randomly like this but doesn't last very long.

"Fine. Where are they?"

"At the lift. Just pretend like you don't know about all this and we coincidentally ran into them. Okay?"

"Why are girls so weird?", he murmurs and we walk out of his cabin.

Something suddenly hits my face and I groan loudly in pain, my nose feeling the maximum impact. A strong stinging sensation hurts all my nerves, making my face go numb for a while. It's the door. I forgot to open it. Karan bursts into laughter behind me as I rub my nose, pain painted all over my face in red.

"oR wHat?", he mocks me in a heavy voice, opens the door and walks out.

He goes to the lift, presses the button and waits there scrolling on his phone. I walk behind him, silently sobbing on the inside. God, it's so fucking painful. Natasha, Dolly and Payal signal to me with their eyes, towards him, mushing and gushing.

"Hey Karan", I say smiling, "I was looking for you everywhere".

"Is your nose okay?", he says touching it.

"I'm good", I say pushing his hand away and he laughs, "did you meet my new friends at work?"

"Who?"

I point towards them and they joyfully wave at him and he waves back, walking close to them, "hey girls, I'm Karan".

"I'm Natasha","I'm Payal","I'm Dolly", they all say at once. I wish I could face-palm myself but it hurts enough already. I miss Ayesha so much right now.

He looks at me with a confused face, "Natasha, Dolly, Payal", I say individually pointing them out and he shakes hands with each one of them.

"Okay, I gotta go. I'll see you around, ladies", he says and they wave bye to him happily. He turns to face me, "take care of that face, Trisha", he steps into the lift and leaves.

"Was he flirting with you?", Dolly asks.

"Ew, no. He was mocking me for running into a door".

"What?", Natasha says and all three of them burst into laughter, "I can't imagine embarrassing myself in front of him like that".