To Be A Woman in a Man's World.

(Ayesha's POV):

What is it like to be a woman in a man's world? From what I know, it's multiple sacks of sexism, domination, abuse, disrespect, inequality, hatred, violence, all surmounted upon one another and dropped on your shoulders, so you can carry the burden for how many ever lifetimes you're granted. In simpler words, it's an eternal pain in the ass.

If I ever find the mastermind who decided to place a woman's honour in who she chooses to share her body with, I'd be sure to rip his head off, for limiting us to mere bodies as if we were only objects made to reproduce.

"Are you ready with everything?", Dr. Suraj Trivedi interrupts my cognitive stream of analysis. I nod, showing him my recorder and notepad.

I've been bearing with this narcissistic, pride-filled, attention-seeking piece of flesh that they call a man, for almost three months now. He's supposed to be one of the most famous journalists in the world and I still cannot understand why.

I'm not saying this because he's too complicated to understand or that he isn't talented but I'm talking out of real experience here. He doesn't care about actual news or understanding a movement as it is. He looks for controversy, unwanted logic and a surprise element that takes away the spotlight from the actual story and puts it on him.

"There is no point in talking to the protesters, just go ahead and get an interview with a politician", he yells at me, "only one last week of training left and you still didn't learn a bit".

"Fucking donkey", I curse under my breath softly and look up at him, "Sir, I tried to get an appointment. All in vain. No one wants to comment on the issue".

"Did you wear enough makeup when you went to ask for an appointment?"

This is the amount of sexism I deal with every single day, and there are a few extremely privileged cis-het males around the world that claim that all genders have already attained basic equal respect. Maybe that is why God decided to bless them with balls so sensitive.. because when their brains start to become insensitive, you know where to kick and restart.

"I'm not going to wear extra makeup or suck dicks to get a statement from a politician, sir", I tell him with a smile.

"Watch your language, young lady", he says and walks away, tapping on his phone.

I go out into the streets, where today, police have gathered to contain the protests. I silently walk and sit among a group of people that are raising slogans and holding placards. To my surprise, I see a kid of around ten to twelve years of age.

"Hey", I whisper to him amidst the voices, "why are you here?"

He looks back at me and I carefully scan his features. Dark skin, curly hair trimmed closely, small thin lips, big eyes and light brown eyeballs with heavy lashes.

"I read in a book, an article about democracy. I didn't understand it very much", he says scratching his head, "but it's definitely not like it is here. I want us to be able to choose our ruler".

"You're a smart little boy, aren't you?", I say and he smiles,"but you don't choose your ruler, you choose your representative".

"What's the difference?"

"A representative asks your opinion on everything he decides to do, he takes suggestions from everyone and then, he makes a decision. A ruler makes a decision that only he feels is right. If you want to sit here and fight, don't ask just for a new man.. ask for a people's man".

"But why should I ask for a man?", he says, "I want a woman". A big smile involuntarily appears on my face and I nod.

"Yeah, you can definitely ask for whoever you want".