Make You Mine.

"So, Karan got arrested?", he asks after keenly listening to everything.

"Yeah".

"Why didn't you tell me anything when so much was happening?"

"I just... I was lost".

"You think your dad can really help?"

"I don't know. I didn't get a call from work so far".

He nods his head, looking away, lost in thought. His eyebrows get pulled together, his lips pushed sideways everytime he thinks deeply and that is when he looks the cutest. I sometimes try to imagine the same face with him wearing glasses. It'd be a cherry on the top.

"Do you realize you're staring at my lips, Trisha?", he asks, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"What? No", I say shifting my glance.

"You're lying", he teases.

I shake my head. There are bigger concerns I have right now, than his lips. My feelings. I try to think what could possibly go wrong if I told him how I really felt. I mean, I don't see how not telling is helping me either. I want to grab a book and write all the pros and cons but it can't happen now. So I try to list them out in my head.

What have we got here?

Not confessing. Pros:
1) It'd save me some self-respect.
2) He wouldn't fully abandon me. We could still be friends.
3) I could be hurt if I confess, so this way, my feelings are safe.

Confessing. Pros:
1) I will know how he feels about me.
2) I won't regret in the future that I never confessed.
3) I don't have to carry around a heavy secret anymore and that would reduce so much burden on my head.

Three all. Looks like both are equally bad, so I might as well tell him. I don't even know what I'm doing but I think it's time I make up my mind, although it feels like, when he's around, my mind doesn't really work. Like he has me under his spell.

I've never been this confused in my whole life. One moment I'm pushing him away, one moment I'm kissing him, one moment I'm trying to stay from him and now, I'm ready to.spill my heart out to him.

"Arjun", I call him weakly, "there's something I have to tell you".

"No, I don't want you to worry about anything right now, I want you to eat. You look like you haven't eaten in days".

I'm about to make one of the biggest confessions in my life, and he just stopped me. All the courage I gathered, destroyed in seconds. Besides, he has a point. I really haven't eaten properly in days. I don't even remember what's the last thing I ate. I wonder what I look like.

"Yeah, right", I say and he pulls out a box of his regular vegan pizza and another box of Tandoori Chicken Momos and street side Chowmein. He knows me too well.

"Got beer in the fridge?", he asks and I nod. He rubs his palms excitedly, runs to the fridge and grabs two bottles.

I start stuffing my face with all the food, and until then, I haven't realised how hungry I've been. He opens the bottles, hands me one and clinks a cheers with the other one. We sit back comfortably, drinking and eating, listening to him talk about random things and everything feels right. Everything feels perfect. It just feels like, suddenly all my problems don't matter anymore; like everything else can just wait, because this moment right now feels the most important.

Confessing. Pros:
4) I want this happiness to be a part of my life forever.

"So", he says finishing his beer, placing his bottle aside, "there's some news that I have to share with you".