•02 {park jimin}

27/06/2019~

Park Jimin 

{The End}

  Sitting in front of the television, with a bowl full of popcorn

  Sitting in front of the television, with a bowl full of popcorn. The movie started, I blankly kept staring at the screen. I didn't even understood if it was a comedy or action or anything. Have I become so much emotionless? I thought to myself.

  At that moment, I understood that the film was finished as 'The End' was floating on the screen. "The end." I spoke to myself in undertone. "It's the end?!" I looked behind only to see the guy named Jimin smiling at me.

He came towards me and said, "I hope you enjoyed it!" I nodded in reply. Lie. I didn't even focus on it to understand the story, how can I enjoy it?

"It's time for bed." I got up from the couch and plopped on the bed. The bed is hard but after so long I am now used to it.

  "I see you didn't even touch the popcorn." He put some popcorn into his mouth and kept the bowl on the side table.   He sat on my bed where he found a little space and smiled sweetly. His smile is something I really admire. I wanted to smile back but I couldn't understand how to do that. Should I just tuck the corners of my lips upwards? How? Never mind, it just too much hard for me. I can't figure it out.

  "Why are you always so quiet?" I turned around as soon as he asked the question he wanted an answer of. "Now are you going to ignore me?" I shook my head and turned around to face him. 

"Do you really know me from a long time?" I asked out of the blue.

   I am in this hospital for, I don't know how long it has been. My clock stopped at the moment. The calendar in my room is still  of 1998 though I know it's 21st century. And that guy, Jimin, says that he knows me. The doctors say that Jimin is always in the hospital even if the staffs aren't here, he is always present to care of me. I don't even know why I am here, what disease I am suffering from. Every day seems like the last. It seems like there's no tomorrow. Every day I think it is the end. Again another day, another ending. But it never actually ends.

"How long am I going to be here?" 

"It's the end." He showed his smile that I admire and ruffled my hair. Maybe it really the end, it's the first time he said that. 

"It's the end." I finally smiled. 

  —  

It was really the end like he said. I got rid of that hospital room, that sofa and that hospital bed. Now I stay with him in his house but like he said our house. I get to sleep on a king size bed unlike the hard bed of the hospital it's soft that I don't ever want to wake up. I get to wrap myself like a burrito in that soft white blanket. I can jump on the cozy sofa in the living room whenever I want. I don't watch movies which I don't understand, I keep looking at the nature, the birds singing, the mountains beside his house. He said our house is situated in such a location which I liked a lot. He said I liked places where we'd be alone not surrounded by people but by nature. Though I don't remember my past but I really do like these things and even if  I don't remember him, I trust him. Suddenly the bell rang and I rushed to the door to open it and looked through the hole as Jimin ordered, "Even if you know it's me, you should always check!"

  "Hey, I'm home." I found Jimin smiling as I opened the door. He hugged me lightly before turning back to the door to close it. He made his way to the sofa and I followed him. He plopped on the sofa and pointed the spot beside him for me to sit. I sat beside him and before I knew he wrapped his arm around me and placed a kiss on my hair. I looked at him, dumbfounded and he just smiled. 

"How's work?" I started the conversation. Our house is far from his workplace but we stay here because he wanted me to be happy. 

"It's the same question you ask me every single day," he laughed and I nodded. I agree, I actually don't know what to ask so it's the question I like to ask. "Nice, it's the same thing I answer."

"You know it's New Year's Eve." He said. "You used to like this day a lot."

  "I believe you. I felt excited when I just heard the word." I murmured.

  "I'll take a quick shower." He kissed my forehead and left me thinking. "I really did like it, didn't I?" I spoke to myself, trying to recall some memories but I just couldn't.

  After a few minutes, Jimin came down wearing a white T-shirt and humming. The tune was different from the song he sings for me to sleep. It was unknown but it was beautiful. "Have you composed some new music?"

He nodded.   "And I'm sure you'd love it." He smiled and went to the refrigerator to find something to eat.

At that moment there was a loud sound and he mouthed "fireworks" before looking at the clock.  "It's 11:55 pm! Come with me." He dragged me with him to the terrace. I was astonished seeing the sky filled with so many stars. Wait, all of them are not stars!? Half of them were but the sky was also filled with sky lanterns. 

"Wow," my voice could come out just as a whisper as I looked around. "I knew your eyes would become big seeing this." I looked at Jimin as he spoke. "But I didn't thought your eyes would become so big."

He went to an edge and I went to other. My gaze was fixed on the sky, how the sky was filled with stars. How the sky lanterns were flying. And how beautiful the sky was looking when I saw the fireworks which were very far. After sometime I heard the tune he was humming few moments ago. I went close towards him and found him singing with his melodious voice.  

"You're sick too, 'cause you're mine
I just wanna blow your mind~
You're far away like this It's nothing
I say that
Actually I guess it's not ~" 

"I want you to be your light, baby
You should be your light
  I won't be sick anymore
So you can smile ~
I want you to be your night, baby
  You could be your night
To be honest with you this night." 

"Now promise me 
How many times a day
Even if I feel alone
  Don't throw you away ~
Stop here
  Intertwine our pinkies 
Now promise me~~"

"Wow it's beautiful! It's your new song?"  

"You liked it?"

  "So much that I can say it became my favorite." I went and stood beside him, looking at the fireworks exploding in the sky.  

"What year is it?" I asked.

  "It's the end of 2018, little sister." At last, I got an identity and answer to my question 'why do we look alike?' I kissed him on his cheek and found him astonished. I hugged him tightly.

"It's the end, big brother."

-------
words:1255.
I hope you enjoyed 🍷
Lyrics used- promise by jimin