A Dark Past...

(Author's note: Hey y'all. This is my second book. If you're into motivational talk or such stuff make sure to check out my other book, AN UNHEARD CALL, on wattpad ;p )

Lucas's pov:
My name is Lucas, and by chance I happen to be the only heir of my father's company. My mom and dad are huge business tycoons, but I have never come to know what exactly they deal with, and nor do I wish to. Lucas might be the name my parents gave me, but it isn't my identity. If you would ask me, what I'll become when I grow up, it is obviously going to be the heir of their company. But instead if you ask me, what I aspire to become when I grow up, you'd probably not receive the same answer. But I cannot argue about this to anyone, let alone my parents. I have no choice! Hardly do my parents have time for me. They're mostly out on business trips and vacations with their business partners and I am left alone with my butler and the staff at the huge mansion that apparently belongs to my family. It's not like I'm complaining, I like being alone. It gives me ample time to arrange my thoughts and be more of myself. It's just, I'm afraid to show myself. I don't have any friends because my parents had insisted on homeschooling me since childhood. The only other person I trusted other than myself was my personal butler, Mr. Cadbury. He was the only one close to a friend to me all these years and the only one to have ever seen me cry. I had not complained about not wanting to  be the heir to such a huge business to him yet, because as I said, he was close to a friend, not a friend.
I'm not an open person, I don't like sharing my personal thoughts with anyone because I'm always afraid I'd get hurt by their opinions. It's not easy for me to live alone, I have never written a diary because I'm sure if I had, my parents would have known me by now. I believe our minds are the best secret diaries that we can ever get.
I'm not allowed to leave the house without taking a car and bringing along my bodyguard with me. At times I try to convince myself that all this is just for my protection. To protect my life! But no, what my parents are doing isn't protecting me, they aren't protecting Lucas. They are protecting the heir of their company. I have always been watched, my every move monitored...
It's like I am trapped in a black hole of my own creation. Home is supposed to feel comfortable a place where you can enjoy a full course meal with your family and share anything in the world with them, and them supporting you throughout. Even if they doubt you, you can show them that you're right! It's like the gentle warmth of the fire during the harsh cold winter, giving a tinge of happiness and undescribable mixed emotions of joy and excitement. That's home! For me, home is nothing but the emptiness of a huge mansion with lots of staff and guards everywhere like I'm being trapped in a prison. Not a single person to have fun with. Fun? What is fun? Oh please can someone teach me what's fun? To me it's always been a dream to have fun, be happy, have friends, and to just be free! I am suffocated, yes, suffocated living like this... If only someone took my hand and pulled me out of this darkness and showed me the brightness that others are enlightened in... If only I knew how being wanted felt like...

(Author's note: Hope y'all like this.... hahaha... Let's get ready for some adventure...)