Now You See Me & Now You Don't

"Mumma?"        " Mummy?"              "Mumma?"

                                                "Mumma?"

             "Mummy?"                                   "Mumma?"

     "Mumma?"              "Mummy?"      

I searched frantically but I couldn't look for my mom. Ugh! I was stupid to  leave her hand, especially in this crowd... Now I was lost? No, no way, I can't be lost... "Mummy?!"
I started running in any direction possible, dodging people of all ages as they cursed me, and spoke all ill words around me. Suddenly, I hit someone and tripped... I fell hard on the floor. I could feel something warm flowing down my chin, I touched it... Blood!  I turned around to see who I had bumped into. It was a boy, about my age. He was lost too.

"Oh no, are you ok? You're bleeding…! I'm so sorry", saying so the boy started crying.

I was a strong girl, so I wiped his tears and told him I was fine. I held his hand and picked him up. We walked around holding hands till we reached a police officer.

"Um sir, we are looking for our parents!"
"No!", The boy said suddenly.
"G. U. A. R. D. I. A. N." "We are looking for our guardians, it's a new word I learnt yesterday", he said as he smiled. It seemed as if his smile lit up the heavy feeling of the situation.
The police officer laughed and told us to sit on a bench at the corner. I sat there along with the boy. We spoke for a while before a man, completely dressed in black came to pick the boy up. He looked at me before going...

"Will we meet again?"

" I don't know, but I want to!"

Suddenly he took off one of his shoes and gave it to me. It was a yellow sneaker.

"Let's exchange our shoes as a promise to meet again", he smiled.

"Yeah!", I said and gave him my red converse.

Before leaving he popped a kiss on my right cheek... I felt my face getting hot.

"Hey what's your name-----?"

He turned around...
"My name? It's.....

Aria's pov:
I woke up with a start. What was that? Was I remembering something? Who was that boy? That shoe... No way! Is it the one I had brought along with me...?