Serendipity

Aria's pov:
There was no way in the entire universe that I was gonna make out with Lucas. I mean, I barely knew him and he gave me the creeps.
He was a total badass and I was just a simple well mannered lady. It wasn't even a good combo!
I walked off towards another room and locked the door behind me, away from their whispers and gossip...

Noone came looking for me, so I decided to take a look around the room I had entered. From the looks of it, it was probably Malice's guest room. There was a bed neatly laid, a tiny cupboard right beside the bed, a table and a small sofa, enough to fit two. But what attracted me the most in the room, was the bookshelf! My eyes went over the bookshelf and it made me so happy! I loved reading! I felt like I could be lost in a world without misery, with only the plot I was reading. Personally, I preferred the romantics...it was a life I'd never get.

I took out a book, and was sliding through the pages when Mal called me for dinner. Kinda irritated, I kept the book and returned into the kitchen. The table was already set and everyone was taking their seats. It was a happy atmosphere, a huge cake sat in the middle with Mal written on it. The only annoying thing I noticed was that, the only empty place left for me was beside...
"Lucas!", Adam shouted, "bring me the lighter."
"Order up!", he said as he tossed a lighter out of his backpocket.
Ugh! I wonder what else he carries around himself. How... unmannerly!
Suddenly he turned around at me, and gave me a wink! What the hell...

Everybody drank in dinner. I dared not to, recollecting what I must've done being drunk that night. Especially with Lucas... Oh Lucas, he's here now! I cannot afford to drink and lose my memory anymore...

At night, everybody gathered up the blankets and just fell asleep anywhere. Some on the sofa, some on the floor, and some like Malice and Adam, decided to share the rooms. I found my place on the floor. Jay, Eva, Chen and quite a few others were already asleep...I looked around, Lucas was fast asleep on the sofa. Looking at him sleeping so peacefully brought a smile to my lips. He's too noisy when he's awake, I'd rather appreciate him when he's sleeping, quite and peaceful like this. I felt my eyelids get heavy, and slowly my vision blurred...

In the middle of the night I suddenly sat up. I couldn't sleep anymore. I decided to go to the kitchen and look for leftovers. I found a pizza slice from last night and munched on it. It was so tasteless...yuck! I decided to check the fridge, and it didn't really have much in it except few bottles of beer. Since everyone was sleeping now, should I have a drink? I'm sure I won't cause any trouble if everyone is sleeping. I took out three bottles and came back to the room where we were sleeping. By the time I went to the third bottle, I noticed another presence in the room, besides me. I looked around, but my vision was hazy from so much drinking... I cleared my eyes and found my self inches away from Lucas! He looked so....drunk.

He moved closer to me and sighed. His warm breath washed away the coldness I had began to feel due to the beer. I could feel my cheeks getting red but I was unable to move. He came closer, and closer... His hand was on the back of my head, gently holding my head. I leaned in unintentionally towards his hands. He gave a small giggle and came near me...
He whispered in his raspy sexy voice, "Hey Aria, wanna have some fun?"

I immediately came back to my senses. Despite having drunk so much I still remembered the dare... "I... I'm sorry .. but I won't be able to do this"..
I pushed him away and he landed with a thud on the hard cold stone floor. He looked ... shocked? hurt?...rejected? Yeah rejected. I bet he had his ways with other women, but not with me.. he could never get what he wished for... I won't be his toy, not his plaything. Playboys like him need to be avoided at all costs..
But somehow he doesn't seem like the other bad guys....