Just a Wish

Lucas's pov:
Today, my parents were supposed to come back from their recent trip. Not that I was excited, but there was something I needed to speak to them about...
As usual I was having my dinner alone, when Mr. Cadbury came informing me that my parent's flight got delayed and they would be reaching us a few hours later. My face remained unchanged, I had somewhat expected this. I quietly finished my dinner and went into my room.

I woke up to a light rumbling noise outside. It must've been them! I got out of bed, and fixed my hair to make it somewhat presentable and went downstairs. I waited for them beside Mr. Cadbury...
The doors opened to reveal them, people I never considered as my parents, but was bound to them because I was unfortunate enough to be born because of their mistake. My mom pretended to care and hugged me, suffocating me with her strong dosage of perfume. Her kisses left me in a puddle of makeup all over my face. I pulled away immediately, eew!
      I waited till they freshened up and then approached them with the thought that has been crossing my mind for quite a few days now.

"Dad, Mom?"
"Yes dear..?", my mom said, without looking at me.
"I want to... I was just thinking if... Maybe I could, probably go to school from now?"
"Whatttttt?", my dad looked at me with wide eyes.
"Sch..school!"
" You boy! Come here!", and he pulled me by my shirt towards an empty room...

                                <<Time Skip>>
Lucas's pov:
I sat there in the darkness, my t-shirt smudged in blood in various places. My lips were badly bleeding, my eyes were bruised blue. I had an ankle sprain and pretty much in a state you wouldn't want to see. I got up, tears rolled down my eyes. Even crying hurt...

I had made up my mind, I went to my room and packed my stuff, I wasn't going to live in this hell anymore! I didn't really have any particular place in mind but I didn't care as long as I was out of this hell. I gathered all my things including the money I had kept saved uptill now.

I tiptoed slowly down the stairs and out the door. I kept walking towards the gate without hesitation and didn't even bother to turn around. The two guards at the door were fast asleep but going through the door could wake them. So I jumped over the wall using the garden ladder and out into the new world....

 So I jumped over the wall using the garden ladder and out into the new world