Predestination

<<5years later>>

Aria's pov:
"You go girl!", I said looking at myself in the mirror. "You're finally a college girl!"

"Aria?", Mom peeked from behind the door.

"Yes mom?"

"So since you'll be moving to York next week, you better collect your things from the attic. It's been quite a long time since we've cleaned that place. Just take whatever you can find."

"Kk!"

I can't believe I'm finally moving out of this house... It's always been a dream for me to leave here and be on my own. I couldn't contain my excitement... Finally I'd be free!

I'd been really busy these days, packing my stuff. I can't believe I had been admitted to the only college I'd interviewed for..! I would be leaving for New York next week, finally getting myself a new apartment and a new life! I decided to take back some of the things from my childhood along with me, just so that I could also carry some memories with me.

The attic was dark and cold, there were spider webs and thick layer of dust settled everywhere your eyes could see. I lit the the tiny light bulb, but it was so dim that I had to use a torch to see around. The floor was covered with boxes of various sizes, all marked with the names of each member of the family.
I walked towards the box marked, "Aria's memories"...

I spent the next few hours cleaning the attic and looking for all boxes marked with my name on it. It was hard work!
I cleaned up all the boxes and brought them down to my room. Then I went into the shower to get cleaned up...

<<Time Skip>>

The night fell quicker than I had expected. I was really tired so I decided to retire from everything and go back to my room for a rest. As I was about to lay on my bed, my eyes fell on the pile of boxes at the end of the room.
Aha! Finally something interesting.

The first few boxes were just filled with the certificates and trophies I had won for activities in school. A few of them contained my childhood toys and some had my diaries that I had written as a child. Then I saw this box that I had never seen before. In that, was a yellow shoe and a few old toys. The shoe was one part of a pair which had probably been mine when I was younger... Somehow my brain got fuzzy as I tried to think about that shoe. Surprisingly I had no memory of it...

<<Time Skip>>
(Two weeks later)

Aria's pov:
Today was the day for me to finally arrive at New York! Finally after so many years of anticipation, I was finally here! Among those boxes I carried a few of my childhood photos and some toys here and there to decorate my shelves. Somehow I had even carried along the yellow shoe I had found in the attic. I felt like I was gonna need it...