Chapter Four: Lucifer's War

It is time. I can feel it deep inside my bones. Time for plotting is over. Now is the time to attack. Now it the time for battle. My minions are lined up outside the walls of my castle. In front of them all, stands my favorite demoness. She is also the mother of the mutt I wish to destroy; Rafael. She is very powerful, and will lead my demons well. I catch her gaze. ‘Go now.’ I order without speaking. She automatically moves to obey me, leading my strongest away, away to the gates of Hell.

I glance at myself in the mirror that is mounted on the wall. My black hair is falling over the shoulder of my silver armor. Smoke tendrils curl around me. My eyes gleam in the darkness. I look over at the corpse of the slave girl I had enjoyed not long ago. “Am I not ready?” I ask her. I snort. “Why should your opinion matter?” I walk outside, looking upon my lands. Finally, it is time for me claim my right as Leader.

I don’t have to exit the gates. All I have to do is shut my eyes and think of where I want to be. And where I want to be, is inside this dingy tavern, called the ‘Midnight Tavern’. This is where bad men flock. Bad, stupid men. Men that I can control and manipulate.

“Boys, I do believe that you owe me some services.” They look at me incredulously.

“Oh, do we now?” A large man asked. I smiled.

“Yes, John Reyes, molester of toddlers, you do.” His eyes widened. “Oh, did you not expect me to know that? Well, I know everything you’ve ever done. Everything that all of you have done, actually. And, if you wish me to keep quiet about it, I suggest you do me a favor.”

“And what is that?” They asked. I let smoke twirl around their repugnant bodies.

“I want you to find someone for me. It is a boy, named Rafael. He seems to get in my way rather often. Now, the reason you need to get him, it that I cannot reach him where he is at. Or will soon be at.” They looked very critical, very suspicious. Ah, humans. So trusting.

“And how are we supposed to do this?” A redhead asked.

“You’ll see, Ernie, beater of women.”  He frowned. “Will you help me, scoundrels?” They nodded. Surprising. I was wishing for more of a struggle. Would have been much more fun. “Come with me.” They followed me to a small back room. There, I lined the men up, making sure to repeat their mission every few minutes. Now I face them, and they look frightened. “Ready?” I asked.

“Actually,” One began, but I cut him off.

“Too late.” I growled, and swung out my hands. The shadows that clung to me sliced through all of their throats at exactly the same time. I dipped my finger in the Reyes’s blood then licked it off. It tasted of shame, fear, and pleasure. Hmm…he regretted injuring that little girl. I laughed. Well, he must not have regretted it enough to stop raping her and then ripping her limb from limb and cremating her.

            I stepped outside, noticing that the sky was already darkening ominously. The earth is already feeling my affects. Good. “Hurry, boys, enter Heaven and find me the Guardians’ charges. Kill them all and force the Guardians out.” Who knows, if they succeed, I might go light on torture. Or…not.

As I began on my way towards the battle grounds, I noticed that there was a very thin, short man crouched in a bush. Something about him was off. Very off. Suddenly it hit me. His eyes, they are ice blue, a blue that is only seen in Trackers. I started towards him. He leapt up, disappearing as he bolted. I snarled viciously. He is going to foil my plans! I wrapped myself in the smoke and felt the dark magic transport me away. I need to get to the front lines, and quickly…this war may begin differently than I had planned.