Chapter Five: Arch Angel Michael

Something is going on. I know it. I stepped onto the edge of Heaven, my armor jingling slightly. I hear the sound of wings brushing through the air. “What did you see, Soldier Isaiah?” I looked at the young Angel. He was new to his position, and had formerly been a Tracker.

“Lucifer is plotting an apocalypse, Arch Angel Michael.” The Soldier was panting. An apocalypse? Such fun…I smiled, baring my sharp teeth.

“And why would he be doing this, Soldier?” The young Angel was gasping for breath, and fear was taking him over, I can see. He flopped down to his knees, bowing his head.

“I do not know, Arch Angel. But he is angry, and I know he is out for blood! He recently attacked Guardian Rafael and his charge, Mica.”

“Did he now? Well, he shouldn’t have done that. You know how little I stand for bullying off our special forces, especially a rescued Guardian. What do you suppose we do, young Soldier?” He gaped at me.

“Arch Angel Michael, do not tell me you don’t possess a plan?!?” I laughed loudly.

“Of course I have a plan, you idiot! And you will hear of it later.” He just stood there. “GO!” I roared, and I felt blood seep into my eyes. The tattoos that covered my skin shifted and rippled. Soldier Isaiah shook with terror and immediately took off. I gazed up at the dark sky. “High Angels, be here now!” I shouted. I could feel my feather tattoo move slightly. I had a feather for each member of the council. It allowed me to know their whereabouts and whether they were living or not.

“Michael, what is it you want?” Aria, I thought. Leader of the Seducers. They are a group of female Angels who seduce enemies, entrap them, and torture them in their own special way to get the information God needs.

“Nothing, Lead Seductress.” I glared at her to remind her of our formalities. With a soft whoosh, the lead Soldier appeared. He is big and broad, covered in muscle. He has cold eyes that are completely black. I notice that he has a new weapon. Looks like a halberd. Next, the skinny Tracker arrives, who is very small and thin, but extremely fast. He has a quiver and bow slung across his shoulder. Head Torturer, with his jet black hair, pure white eyes, and skin riddled with raised scars. Our Interrogator, a little woman with silver hair and golden eyes, and lips the color of the hottest part of a fire, that odd, eerie blue. She was given the gift of mind reading, and she can force anything from a person’s mind. If they block her, she fills their head with so many thoughts and sounds that the person nearly dies. Then she takes the information and allows the Torturers to kill him on their own time.  I smirk. “My friends,” I say, “-we have encountered trouble with our enemies. Lucifer seems to want to invade the Heavens. Now, what do you feel we should do about this?” They are all smiling now.

“My girls will seduce the slaves.” The Lead Seductress said. I nodded.

“My men will split into wings and attack Lucifer’s minions.” The Lead Soldier said.

“My Trackers will find the strongest of his forces, and make sure that the Soldiers know.”

“I will take pleasure in injuring anyone you wish of me, Arch Angel Michael, as will my other Torturers.” said the Torturer.

“I will gather all information.” said the quiet Interrogator.

“Very, very good, my friends. Shall we tell God?” I asked them. They all smiled.

“Yes.” They all said.

“Go, I will tell him. You will know his thoughts. Begin as soon as you get the order.” The Council of the Angels dispersed. I chuckled. Humans, the foolish creatures, believe that Heavens is all happy and peaceful. Really, we live off of violence and have the largest and most vicious armed forces ever known. Not everyone who goes to Heaven belongs here. With that thought, my lips curled into a cruel smile. I enjoy being an Arch Angel. It’s so…fun.

As I walked towards God, I was laughing maniacally, thinking of the battle that will soon take place. Bring it on, Lucifer, my brother, bring it on.

*******

            “BROTHERS! IT IS TIME FOR BATTLE! WE MUST FIGHT FOR GOD, FOR EACH OTHER, FOR OUR HEAVENS! DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?” I screamed. The answering roar of God’s Army nearly deafened me. “SEDUCERS: GET THE SLAVES! TORTURES: YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF WAR PRISONERS! SOLDIERS: YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO! TRACKERS: FIND THE STRONGEST! INTERROGATORS: FIND ANY NEEDED INFORMATION! COUNCIL: FIND THE GUARDIANS!”  Cries echoed around me. Adrenaline poured through my veins. I missed this! “NOW!!!”