3

As spring rolled into summer, the heat became unbearable. Many lessons were moved outside, but poetry reading always took place in the stuffy and ill-ventilated library. For relief, Jisoo often threw open the tiny windows and perched upon the nearby desk, maximizing her exposure to whatever breeze came drifting through. When that wasn't enough, she'd unfasten the top buttons of her bodice.

In her characteristically risqué manner, she'd ease the high lace collar away from her lily white skin and tilt her head, letting the cool air kiss her neck. Once, Lisa saw her fish a large chip of ice from a pitcher of water. She held it just below her ear and let it melt there, sighing as tiny rivulets of the cool liquid cascaded downward, trickling over her exposed collarbone and disappearing under her clothing.

At the end of these most sweltering days, when all the girls were shifting uncomfortably in their drawers, their backs slick with sweat, their inner thighs clammy, Jisoo would spring from the desk and declare that a trip to the lake was in order.

Nestled at the heart of the house's expansive gardens, the lake was a private refuge for the girls during the excruciatingly hot summer months. Jisoo never swam in it— not that anyone ever saw— but she always sat near the water's edge, supervising the proceedings while reclined on a blanket beneath the shade of a large oak.

Since the girls didn't have bathing suits, they swam in their shemmies. Quite without inhibition, they ran to the bank of the lake and stripped off to their undergarments. The most demure girls went in with their drawers on, but the additional layer afforded them little more modesty. When saturated with water, the thin cotton became disgracefully translucent. But what did it matter? There was no-one there to see. No one except Jisoo.

As they splashed and squealed and frolicked, Jisoo watched. As they emerged from the water, cotton clinging to skin, she watched. As they chased each other along the little wooden jetty and leapt into the very deepest part of the lake, she watched.

Many of them were enviably well-formed. Their full, youthful bosoms bounced and jiggled, their nipples stiffened by the chill of the water. Where their uppermost thighs came together, there was the dark shadow of womanly bloom— something which Lisa had only just begun to appreciate on her own body.

Having spent her early childhood poor, with little in the way of decent meals, the pleasantly curvaceous figure she'd developed in recent years still felt alien to her. She had little confidence in it, and so lingered at the lakeside, hesitant to join in.

"Whatever's the matter?" Jisoo inquired of her. "Can you not swim?"

Lisa nodded. She learnt to swim in the public baths.

"Then what is it?" Jisoo persisted. "Do you not wish to cool off?"

Lisa did, and yet she remained at the edge of Jisoo's blanket, her knees tucked to her chest. "Will you watch me?" she asked at last, toying with the top button of her bodice.

"If you want me to." Jisoo eyed that button intently. "I shan't take my eyes off you, I promise."

That assurance was all Lisa needed to hear. She fumbled with her bodice and cast it off with her camisole, then wriggled out of her skirts. Her corset was abandoned next, followed by her boots and stockings. She considered keeping on her drawers, but thought better of it when she saw how keenly Jisoo's eyes followed the girls who didn't. Though her hands were trembling, she unfastened the waist drawstring and let them drop to the ground, then scampered to the lake and submerged herself in it.

Knowing full well what immediate effect the water would have on her white shemmy, she surfaced facing Jisoo and awaited her appraisal— which came in the form of a kiss. Jisoo pressed one to her fingertips and blew it in her direction, then settled back against the tree with a broad, satisfied smile on her lips.