14

Jisoo took a moment to gather herself before entering Soojoo's bedroom. She didn't want to look as though she'd been upset, so she dabbed away the residual moisture clinging to her eyelashes and fixed her blotchy eye paint, hoping that would suffice.

Inside, Soojoo awaited her on the bed. She was naked beneath a chiffon peignoir, her ruddy-brown hair let loose, and she smelt like lavender and chamomile. She'd just had a bath.

"Tend to me." She opened the peignoir. "My body hungers for your touch."

She was a beautiful woman. No-one could deny that. A life free from hardship and childbirth had allowed her to retain a fashionable figure, despite exceeding forty years of age. The colour of her hair was aided by henna, obscuring the encroaching grey, and the lines on her face were easily concealed with a little powder. Tending to her physical needs was certainly no hardship, but Jisoo remained less than amenable to the prospect.

"Must we tonight?" She lingered by the vanity. "I'm not feeling at my best."

"Are you ill?" Soojoo sat up, showing concern for her only in as much as a cat is concerned for its human slave when dinner fails to arrive on time. "Come here." She patted the counterpane. "Let me look at you."

Jisoo obeyed, sitting meekly as Soojoo felt her reddened cheeks and her temple, seeking evidence of a fever.

"You're so flushed." Soojoo unbuttoned her clothing, finding that the heat had spread to her upper chest. "But perhaps it's not an illness that plagues you." She thrust a hand up Jisoo's skirts and plunged two fingers between her plump labia, directly into her lubricious slit.

Jisoo yowled.

"It appears I've found the source of the problem." Soojoo rubbed her thumb over Jisoo's swollen clit, her probing fingers working harder and deeper. "Whatever have you been doing?"

"Nothing." Jisoo whined pitifully, but made no attempt to stop her. "If I am in a state of passion, then it is only anticipation for you that has me so."

"Liar!" Soojoo withdrew from her. "Which one is it? The new girl? That dear little foundling you took to London." She shoved Jisoo onto her back and straddled her. "Are you fucking her?"

Jisoo shook her head, but the fib was met with a sharp slap.

"How dare you!" Soojoo slapped her again. "When I am away from this house, you may do as you please— you may have your little amusements, for no woman should be made to live without affection— but do not forget that it is me who allows you your dalliances at the house in London. It is my credit upon which you rely."

"What have they said to you?" Jisoo held her stinging cheek.

"Only that you brought another woman to the place. She was a very much younger woman, by all accounts— certainly no harlot— and you spent the better part of the evening with your wicked tongue in her mouth."

"This is the reason for your sudden return?" Jisoo speculated.

"You need to be reined in." Soojoo pinned Jisoo's wrists above her head. "Are the whores I pay for not good enough for you anymore? You've become so lewd and desperate that you must bed a child of this house?"

"They're not children." Jisoo had the audacity to defend herself. "They're young women, and Lisa is not inclined toward the love of a man."

Another slap came. "You will not cavort with that little temptress anymore. Do you understand? You'll not touch her again. Ever. It's an embarrassment."

"What do you truly care?" Fresh tears welled in Jisoo's eyes. "You're too busy spending your father's money to give any thought for what goes on in this house."

"This house has my name above the door," Soojoo snarled. "If you bring disgrace upon it, you bring disgrace upon my family." One more slap. "From now on, you will behave."

------
A/N.   soojoo stfu