10

Lisa couldn't move. While Jisoo sat on the sofa by the window, divesting herself of hat, jacket, and boots, she stood like a statue, gaping at the enormous four-poster bed that dominated the candlelit hotel room.

"I hadn't enough coin for separate accommodations." Jisoo addressed the stunned look in her eyes. "If it displeases you to sleep with me, I shall keep to the sofa."

Lisa glanced at the sofa's overstuffed velvet cushions, then back to the feather-stuffed mattress and the quilted counterpane. It was not fright that had her so dumbstruck, but that she couldn't believe her luck. Still, she reined in her desperate excitement on the off chance that she was presuming too much about Jisoo's intentions.

"I could not bear to think of you in discomfort when there's a whole half of the bed unused." She perched on the vanity chair and removed her boots, tackling the laces with such clumsy haste that she got them all knotted up. "Whatever shall we wear, though?"

"Our shemmies will do." Jisoo began to shed the layers.

Not wanting to be behindhand with her, Lisa wrenched off her uncooperative boots and followed suit, facing her reflection in the cheval mirror beside the washstand.

She'd never spent much time scrutinizing her own form, but she did so then. Wearing nothing more than her undergarments, she compared her curves to Jisoo's, still adjusting to the extra inches she'd only recently gained.

"There's no need to be bashful." Jisoo whisked off her under-bodice, baring that lavish satin corset in all its glory. "We each have the same parts."

"But your parts are so much nicer." Lisa toyed with the waistband of her drawers, contemplating their removal.

"Nonsense." Jisoo chuckled. "You're truly beautiful. Look." She swept in behind Lisa and laid her hands on the teen's hips. "These full hips, this slender waist." She slid her hands up to the narrowest part of Lisa's waist. "And here." She brought her hands under Lisa's breasts and cupped them. "See how full and firm they are? You have nothing whatever to be ashamed of." She dropped a kiss on Lisa's bare shoulder. "You're perfectly formed."

She kept her hands employed on Lisa's charms awhile, making the small ruby tips stiff and prominent, then turned her attentions southward. "Do you not wish to remove these?" She fingered the drawstring fastening at the back of Lisa's drawers.

Lisa sank against Jisoo's chest. "Ought I?" She lolled her head on Jisoo's shoulder. "We shall be so exposed to one another all night."

"You did not seem to mind being so exposed to me last week." Jisoo spun her around and held her by the waist. "Has your diffidence returned?"

"Perhaps a little." Lisa touched a finger to Jisoo's corset and traced invisible patterns in the satin, not daring to unfasten the stiff garment. "Will you have me tonight?"

Jisoo groaned, palpably pained to reject the offer. "Let's not get carried away with ourselves." She pecked Lisa's forehead, stepped away, and let down her waist-length hair. "I'm weakening to you, that is true, but these few little transgressions of ours must be enough." She paused, then repeated the sentiment with more conviction. "They must."

But they weren't. Openly disappointed, Lisa gazed at Jisoo's silky honey-coloured mane and fought the urge to bury her face in it. Worsening her struggle for command over her basic impulses, she watched as Jisoo dropped her petticoat to the floor for the purpose of conducting her various nightly ablutions. Her diaphanous chemise exposed everything beneath, and Lisa gasped at the sight. She wore no drawers! Whatever would her mother think of a woman who crossed her legs at the knee and went about bare beneath her skirts?