6

Well after lights out, Lisa knocked frantically upon the door to Jisoo's study. She'd been ignoring her parents' letters for several weeks, and had a stack of them heaped on her vanity. When she eventually decided to open them before bed, the news she found therein induced instant panic.

She knocked again.

Jisoo responded hastily to the second round of harried knocking, her bodice and under-bodice unfastened down to her bust, exposing her corset and the chemise beneath. "Whatever is it? What's wrong?"

Lisa couldn't answer. Her attention was immediately diverted from her troubles by the sight of Jisoo's lace-trimmed blue satin corset, the prominent bust gores embroidered with intricate loops and swirls. Oh, those bust gores ...

"Forgive me." Jisoo followed the trajectory of her eyes. "I wasn't expecting to be disturbed." She clasped her bodice together. "What is it that you need?"

As much as she tried, she couldn't conceal her undergarments, and as much as Lisa tried, she couldn't raise her eyes.

"For heaven's sake, do come inside before the maid happens by and sees you gawping." Jisoo released her bodice and pulled Lisa into her private candlelit sanctuary. "What is it that causes you to seek my company so late? You ought to be in bed."

"They intend for me to marry him," Lisa wailed, grief returning to her as she waved the offending letter at Jisoo. "What am I to do?"

"Marry whom?" Jisoo plucked the letter from the air and pored over its contents.

"I've never even met the boy," Lisa cried. "And nor do I wish to! If they make me go through with it, I shall refuse the business." She folded her arms defiantly. "I shall run away. It will have to be annulled, for I will not give myself up to him."

"Sshhh." Jisoo petitioned her to lower her voice. "Sit." She led her to the sofa. "You have been sent to me to prepare you for marriage. You know this, yes?" She retrieved a half-consumed glass of brandy from her desk. "Such a letter cannot have come as a surprise."

"But I do not wish to marry," Lisa declared boldly. "I think I should wither and die if I were confined as a wife."

"I understand your predicament." Jisoo sat beside her, brandy in hand. "Perhaps better than anyone."

"Then tell me," Lisa implored her. "What am I to do?"

"You are to do what we all must do," Jisoo answered solemnly, but honestly. "Enjoy what little freedom you have, while you still have it."

To Lisa's ears, that didn't sound much of a solution. "Why must I do as they please? Why can't I be like you? You have a fine life, and you're unbound by any man."

"Not by a man, that's true. But I am bound just as severely by many other things." Jisoo sipped her brandy. "As I'm sure you're already well aware, it can be inordinately difficult for a woman to obtain that which she truly wants." She touched a corner of the letter to the flame of a candle set on the table beside the sofa and watched it burn. "Very often, it is the prudent thing to accept a circumstance that's far from our ideal. In the end, it's a matter of survival." When the flames got too close to her fingers, she flicked the letter into an empty coal scuttle beside the hearth.

"What of love?" Lisa scooted closer, their knees touching. "Love is the harshest master of them all." Jisoo allowed her to advance. "One is never more a prisoner than when in love." Her voice almost cracked. "Perhaps you might grow to love this boy."

"Could you?" Lisa pulled a face. "Could you grow to love a man?"

Jisoo downed the rest of her drink and set her empty glass aside. "No." She eased back into the cushions. "I'm not suited to marriage."

"Neither am I." Lisa burst into a fit of tears. "Don't you see that?"

She lunged forward, and Jisoo welcomed the distraught teen to her breast.

"Hush now." She held Lisa to her bosom. "Calm yourself."

That proved impossible, and Lisa sobbed heartily until she fell asleep in Jisoo's comforting arms. When she awoke some hours later, she found herself wilted against Jisoo's chest, her face pressed to the older woman's tear-dampened décolletage.

They were lying next to each other on the sofa, Jisoo half-reclined against the cushions, her head propped on her arm, and as Lisa pulled away, her gaze was snared once again by Jisoo's escaping bosom. Seeing no harm in feasting her eyes, since Jisoo appeared to be in a deep slumber, she peeled back Jisoo's open bodice, exposing the upper swells of her generous, tightly constrained breasts, admiring how they heaved with each breath.

Feeling brave, she laid her hand on one of the bust gores, the rigid, steam-molded fabric protecting Jisoo's chest like a plate of steel armour. Dissatisfied with that, she then ever so lightly tickled a finger from Jisoo's neck to her cleavage and dropped a kiss there.

One kiss.

Two.

Three ...

She peppered Jisoo's skin with a flurry of soft kisses and laid a hand on her thigh, feeling again that sacred place where she gartered. Oh, to see it once more! She pinched the hems of Jisoo's skirts between her fingers and raised them an inch.

Only an inch. Barely breathing, she paused, made sure Jisoo was at no risk of waking, then revealed more, baring the tops of her boots and her shins. It was too much. Fearing that Jisoo might stir and realize she'd been molested, Lisa backed off the sofa and scurried away.

Once alone, Jisoo opened her eyes. She didn't wake, for she'd never been asleep. She merely opened her eyes and sighed, her skin tingling with the memory of Lisa's kisses.