Chapter 19: Conveyance of bride.

Bibi's POV.

We were back home in less than twenty minutes and I was helped over to Baba's sitting room where Mama and Baba were seated waiting for me. Saying my salam I walked deeper into the room with Yaya Yasmin behind me.

Only Yaya Yasmin was allowed to escort me inside and I was glad it was her. Finding a comfortable place on the carpet I sat down. And the marriage preaching began.

"Bibi my dear, I know you think of me as your enemy but I am your Father and I will never want anything bad for you. You know that don't you?" Baba asked I didn't trust my voice right now so I just nodded and he continued.

"You see my daughter, marriage is not some child's play and I'm sure you know that but one thing I want you to always exercise is patience (sabr). Being patient is the key and will always be the key to solve a lot of problems.

Even the most adored couple have had problems or a misunderstanding. From time to time it happens don't get all work up thinking that it is only happening to you. Take your fights as corrections that will build and make your relationship stronger.

Don't hesitate to contact me or come home when Ayman tries anything stupid kinji "you hear" Allah ya Baku zaman lafiya.
( May Allah bless your marriage.)"

"Ameen!" we all chorused. I was already crying and I know Mama's speech is gonna kill me. I was just waiting for it.

"Nadidin Mama," she always called me that name to annoy me because she knows I don't like it. "I'm sure your aunties have said everything you need to know but let me add something to it," she said adjusting her Ankara blouse.

"Just like your father had said, be patient. It is very important to always be, listen to your husband, never go against his orders, make sure you draw him closer to you. I'm sure you don't want a co-wife, now do you? I'm also sure you know the way to a man's heart is food and I know you can cook.

It will all turn out one day and you will look back on this day as old history. Whenever you find yourself in a tight fix give me a call I'll always be there for you Nadia.
I know you're beautiful on the inside and on the outside. There are some things that I don't need to tell you because you already know so Allah ya Baku zaman lafiya."

"Come give mama a hug, " she said and I started crying. "Mama!" I cried hugging her. "Please let us go back home. I can't do this I'm still a young girl, mama please!" I cried
"My baby that is why I emphasized patience kinji? All this will come to pass. Now scoot it's getting late you need to get going," she said.

I was still holding onto her as if my life depended on it. "Do you want me to escort you outside?" she asked and I nodded. In no time we were standing in front of the car.

"Bibi!!" she dragged. "Your house is not far from here you know?"
"Yes, I know mama"
"Then let go of me. You can come see me anytime and by anytime I mean from next week. If I see you in this house tomorrow be rest assured that I will send you away with a broom (kinaji na) are you hearing me?"

"Eh! Mama I won't come tomorrow I promise. Are you happy now?"
"Yes, now get in its getting dark I'm sure Ayman is waiting," I got into the Mercedes car with the help of Leena and in no time we were out of my father's residence.

True to Baba's words we got there in the span of fifteen minutes. The boys called on our way here and said they were going to be late so we had time to go round the house.

The outside was beautiful Masha Allah even though it was dark it looked beautiful. I didn't want to see the house until I was brought in so here we are.

We entered the first sitting room downstairs and it was beautiful. More than beautiful if I might add. It had cream-colored furniture, the carpet was brown in color and the dining room lay adjacent to the sitting room.

We proceeded to climb up the stairs. They had lights by the side. Amazing right? They went overboard gaskiya (honestly). We are just staying here for a month fah imagine.

I can't even choose between the two sitting rooms. They are both beautiful. The most amazing thing is that it has a window view. This would be amazing for taking pictures.We walked over to my bedroom and I am officially speechless. Just like I wanted, it was pink. It had its own balcony and an artificial fireplace. I'm sure I will be here most of the time.

I removed my heels ran over to the closet. It was combined with the bathroom which made it much easier, and gosh im speechless again!

I have officially fainted. Seriously this is too much how will I leave this place in one months time? I will cry when we are leaving gaskiya. After easing myself, I walked out of the bathroom and went back to the bedroom.

"They're here!" Manal shouted. "Come on, put on your dress!"
"Okay mummy," I said pouting at Yaya Aisha. Putting on my dress Fayha helped me with my makeup and headgear.

I looked beautiful Masha Allah and then we started hearing their voices as they approached my room. A veil was draped over my face and then the room looked purplish.

Khadijah squealed as they all stood up to adjust their veils and immediately Ayman opened the door Yaya Aisha pushed him back outside.

"No, no, no, you're not seeing your bride until you bribe us" she said.

Don't forget to vote comment and share
Love you all.

Edited.