Chapter 1

A bright beautiful morning, as the sun rises people are taking their morning stroll. The ship girls are having fun at the port doing their usual tasks. At the office building, A young man is behind the desk with piles of work and an assistant that helps him who wears a maid outfit that is conservative, she has those gentle eyes that you can drown into and a figure. Normally, commanders would prefer daring and alluring outfits, but this peculiar commander isn't a fan of it. He is simply a gentleman that want his girls to wear something comfortable and not too inappropriate in a wrong way.

"Commander, I have sorted the documents." The gentle secretary said as she place it on his table.

"Thank you, Newcastle. You may take a break." The commander said and then looks at her with a warm smile.

Newcastle curtsy before leaving the office, while the commander kept working with the piled up documents. He thought to himself, that he didn't mind carrying heavy responsibilities even if this is all new to him. Thankfully, his new life in Azur Lane as a naval commander improved his life greatly but still he misses the good ol days. As he kept on reading and signing important papers one file caught his attention.

"Sieghart... What does my name have to do with this? " He thought as he scanned the document. He read the contents carefully and sees a name of someone belonging to Vichiya Dominion.

"I see, so this ship girl will be assigned to my base soon. Hmm, I'll have to talk with Newcastle regarding this."  He then placed the document beside his finished files.

He dove back to reading and signing documents, after a couple of minutes he stood up and stretches deciding to take a short break. As he was going out of his office, Newcastle approached him

"Commander. An urgent mail has arrived for you." She gave him the mail and on the spot he opened the letter. After a few seconds, his facial expression changed to annoyance to disappointment.

"Newcastle, I'm sorry, how foolish of me, can you fetch Hornet for me?" He said as Newcastle curtsies and leaves to find Hornet.

Commander Sieghart leans on the wall and heavily sighs, he thought that he already proved himself that it is his time to actually go to the frontlines to fight and not support as reinforcement like he always does. Though he quickly dismisses the thought as it might cause him his position or worse his life. He walked back to his office to wait for the 2 ladies.

"Yahoo.! Commander, what's the mission?" Hornet excitedly exclaimed as she entered the office. Lucky that the commander was able to compose himself before they noticed.

"This is your fleet's mission: we are going to aid the Royal Navy ships from siren attacks. "The commander said with a hint of disappointment. He of course is well aware of his role as support, but it also means he can't get the experience needed to raise from his rank.

"Oh, another rescue mission? It should be fine... But you're coming along?" Hornet asked

"Of course, I don't want to rot here with piles and piles of documents. " He admitted with no intention of taking back his word.

"But we will discuss how we will handle this mission.

"I'm all ears commander." Hornet replied they started the meeting.

2 hours later...

Hornet's fleet with the commander left the base.

Commander Sieghart, is happy to leave the base for a while as he doesn't want to drown in paper again.

Heading to their destination, he gazed at the sea from the deck while having his hand in his pockets. Hornet could feel his joy radiating for leaving the base even though its just a simple job.

"Commander, why did you appointed me to become a flagship instead of my sisters?" Hornet asked out of the blue.

Commander Sieghart looked at her and answered. "Why? Got a problem?" He stood crossed arms thinking; is she doubting her capabilities.

"N-nothing at all! I-it's just..." She paused alarmed as she picked something from her scout planes.

"Commander! Sorry for that, but we are in sight. Sirens are attacking four Royal Navy ships and two Vichiya dominion ships." Hornet reported with a menacing grin on her face...

"Well then, let's get this party started." He thought and raised his hand pointing to the ships, "Laffrey, Northampton and Leander, aid our allies now! Arizona cripple their carriers. Hornet distract the enemy planes!"

"Roger!" They all complied to his orders, Commander Sieghart moves to the side away from the runway.

"Commander, head inside. You might get hurt by the planes." Hornet said as she tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

The commander nodded in reply which made her happy then left to the battle.

Once Laffey, Northamphton and Leander are already near they fired everything they got while escorting the four Royal Navy ships and two Vichiya Dominion ships to safety. One of the Royal Navy ships a heavy cruiser named Shropshire is trembling.

"T-This is bad..!" She's muttering to herself. Leander quickly activated the smokescreen to help the scared Shropshire and get her out from the middle of a fierce battle.

"Shropshire, don't worry, we're here! Commander Sieghart is leading the fleet!" Leander said to make shropshire feel at ease.

"Commander Sieghart?! W-wow is this a scenario where the Knight rescued the damsel in distress." Shropshire said while fantasizing. Leander is happy that got her attention but they are still in the middle of a fight.

The two Vichiya Dominion ships are busy attacking the enemy, crippling and breaking their frontal barrage.

"Wow... That power..." Laffey is astonished after witnessing the attacks of two Vichiya ships to the Sirens ships.

"Dunkerque of Vichiya Dominion will engage" a grayish hair girl said as she raised her rapier and pointed it at the Sirens fleet.

"Hmph. I didn't expect you to help them, Dunkerque." A brownish haired girl commented to Dunkerque with a faint tone of disgust.

"Jean Bart, this is an opportunity. Besides we're being escorted by the vanguard fleet of their commander, it should be easy." Dunkerque replied to Jean Bart.

" Hmph. Whatever, I trust your judgement. "Jean bart replied as she unleashed another attack while shouting.

"I am Jean Bart of Vichiya Dominion, now my era begins!"

From Hornet's vessel, Commander Sieghart heard her name; his eyes widened and he abruptly stood up in surprise.

"Jean Bart...?" He muttered as he sits back down. He clearly remembered one of his documents stating Jean Bart and Dunkerque names will be assigned to his base.

From her introduction and declaration it seems to have made an impact on him and labelled her as...

"A prideful battleship." Commander Sieghart thought and then laughed since he is impressed for her prideful nature. Unlike the other ships he met, this caught his eye. He grins and can't wait for the battle to be over.

////////////

AAAAAA! It's been a long time since I've written a new story. I am so lost though, but I made Jean Bart fanfic since she's one of the shipfus I'm interested. XD