Chapter 14

It's been fifteen days, ever since the incident happened. There are 30 casualties, 40 injured and there are 12 MIA. It has been seen that the Azur Lane alliance main HQ has been awfully insecure thanks to the Siren attacks but managed to repel them but barely. Thanks to everyone's efforts no civilian cities are harmed.

Despite that, Commander Sieghart has been found in critical condition and worse he might die at any moment if anyone fails to attend to his needs properly. The left part of his face is completely scarred and he lost his left eye. His right leg and arm also deemed unusable, he might be forced to retire early from the navy. His ship girls were worried and some might go to desperation and go against the horde of Siren ships just to save his life and to avenge him. He's now at the hospital with the best facility and equipment to take care of him.

There Captain Willson alongside Lt. Lux visited his room.

"Damn it. Commander Sieghart must've found out who's behind the attack. Yet, here we are, we cannot still find answers until this guy wakes up." Capt. Willson mutters he feels sad since one of his good colleagues is unconscious and its life is lingering.

"Same as with Admiral Ernst himself, he's unconscious but not as badly beaten like him." Lt. Lux agreed then he looked to the door as someone entered inside it's Jean Bart.

"Nothing still?" Jean Bart asked despite her harsh tone there's still a slight worry.

"Apparently so, he's been in suspended animation for 2 weeks." He answered with a sense of sadness as they looked to Commander Sieghart.

"I'll leave you guys, I have to make a report." Lt. Lux said as he left the room.

"Jean Bart, did you tell this to your friends?" Capt. Willson asked

"Yes, they'll handle it in our absence." Jean Bart answered, still holding her tongue to not get some outburst.

"I see, well then, I'll leave you two. Whatever the nurse says, keep on mind." He said as he left her after hearing her answer.

Jean Bart stares at Commander Sieghart, she still feels her failure for not repelling the Sirens on time. It caused the life of her commander, she respected him, that's why she's willing to comply with his orders and sometimes to handle his erratic behavior. However, the more time they spend together even though she is just his secretary, she feels like she's accepted and knows someone actually cared about her.

She already conveyed her feelings to him during the party, but due to his dumbfounded nature towards companionship, he sees it as trust and friendship. She doesn't mind it if he doesn't feel the same way, only that she wanted to hear him accept her feelings and damn tell her straight about it. She holds his hand as she sits on a nearby chair near him.

"You could've called me and used me as your shield...!" She mumbled as she tightened her grip.

She recalls everything from the past. At first, she loathes him for his distrust. Yet as soon, she gets to know him better during sorties, chats and free time. He isn't bad at all, he simply doesn't want under his wing to get hurt. He's a commander who sees everyone as friends, not just allies. He is willing to risk his life for them and in return the ship girls do the same. That's when he risked himself to save her during one occasion and even ordered her in a harsh tone to take care of her own life. That's the time, she actually respected him and even grew into admiration then to something more.

"Don't leave me here...!" She mumbled this time out of desperation.

At Commander Sieghart's dream... He's in an interstellar space and he's facing every Siren Elites but not all of them revealed their faces and identity. He's currently fighting by fighting it head on despite the dangers.