Chapter 5

Night falls, Jintsuu and Commander Sieghart are discussing the new fleet management. Certainly, Jintsuu wanted the 1st fleet to remain the same, for it's the best fleet that the base could offer especially in times of need. However, they couldn't let Vichya Dominion ships become a filler that's why they're thinking how to deal with it.

"Shikikan-sama, I propose that they should become part of the support fleet. Since they don't know how we deal with things here. Especially dealing with the unsuspecting Siren attacks." Jintsuu pointed out as she lays down the members of the support fleet.

"Don't you think we should let them integrate with Hornet's fleet?" Commander Sieghart voiced his opinion as he looked at each of the members' papers.

"Hmm... True, since Arizona has been temporarily placed in her fleet ever since North Carolina's transfer to another command." She noted his opinion as she checked thoroughly to the members of the support fleet.

"I think Arizona should be fine to stay with Hornet, however, that would mean... South Dakota's fleet will have to reshuffle." Commander Sieghart said as he slouched to his chair.

"It should be fine. After all it's been the same for so long, so why not change the plans." Jintsuu agreed and decided to make a reshuffle for South Dakota's fleet once she returned from her commission task.

"That should be all. Good work, Jintsuu." He thanked her as they now finished their last task for the day.

"Good work also, Commander Sieghart. In any case, I shall bid my farewell for tonight." She curtsies and leaves.

Commander Sieghart looked out to the window and spotted Jean Bart having a stroll. So he closes the lights and walks out to the office as he closes the door. Then he proceeds to go outside to have a stroll since for the whole day he's cramped inside his office.

He is very interested to know Jean Bart, not just because she is the younger sister of the famous Cardinal Richelieu, but their differences as well. Richelieu is the woman who holds the religious principles to the heart, as for Jean Bart she doesn't seem the type who wants to be bound by religious principles. Either way, it is the same as his principles. For many years, he is the type who goes insubordination for the sake of victory and to take every spoils of war which caused many problems to his superiors.

However, it's not just that, he yearns for recognition as a thank you for giving him a second chance of his life. So he'll just stay in a low profile for now. Once he got outside the office building, he walked around the park for a while to have some fresh air. Then he spots Illustrious who is seen to be launching out her planes throughout the night sky. So he approaches Illustrious vessel.

"Good evening to you, Commander." She greeted him as he approached her.

"Good evening likewise." He greeted back with a faint smile then he looked to her flying fighter planes, "Practicing?" He asked.

"You can say that." She answered as she gave a slight giggle, "Although, I am still worried from the last time. After all, it's a surprise attack." She made a concerned facial expression

"Not exactly as bad, after all we won and survived." He replied as Illustrious has a pouty expression.

"Commander, please... Such things can turn into something worse." She said then she commanded her planes to land.

"Illustrious, it may be out of the blue but..." He paused then Illustrious looks into his eyes while he's trying to retain his composure, "Could you enlighten me, why the heck Vichya Dominion still resents the Royal Navy?" He continued, then Illustrious looked away.

"Maybe some other time, Commander." She said in a teasing tone but looked at him again, "That is for another tea party."

"Eh?" He was dumbfounded.