Chapter 9

The next day at the main HQ of Azur Lane... There are 13 officers inside the room filled with massive curtains, a long table with 13 seats and at the center wall of it there is a large projector screen. They've been seated according to their ranks.

"We have received a telegram from Commander Sieghart, he successfully destroyed the Mirror Sea as per ordered." One of the officers reported and the rest after hearing that they're discussing it.

"That foolish beast, he should've lost!" The other officers said in disgust

"Even though he is foolish, he still successfully destroyed the Mirror Sea, isn't that our goal in the first place?!" The other officers objected until a riot started inside the Fleet Admiral of the Navy clapped his hands to signal them to quiet down.

"Quiet down, ladies and gentlemen. We are here to discuss how we will deal with Commander Sieghart." Admiral of Navy said in a dignified tone then the room becomes dim as the film starts to play from the projector and it's about the records of Sieghart.

"As of the moment, Commander Sieghart is a great asset to us. It was a good decision that we granted him the rank of commander and not becoming a captain of his own ship." He paused as he raised a document on his hand, "You see, these are the documents of his bravery and yet it is hidden from the navy."

All the officers were surprised, some were nervous and some were curious. It can be seen on their faces. Which was deduced by the Admiral of Navy that there are some who disapprove of him because of his upbringing.

"He is taken in by the navy because he showed promise. Still, I know some of you are not in favor of him despite his actions are all justified." The Admiral of the Navy explained then there's one officer that stands up.

"Admiral! I don't know what kind of tricks you're making up, but he never had such education unlike us here! We are all qualified even leading the whole fleet and now you're telling us we're not as good as him?! How would we know he wouldn't betray us?!" The officer objected but in a much heated way that all of them are looking at him.

"Fleet Admiral, not everything is by the book, some is by experiences. Didn't you know that before you entered here?" The Admiral of the Navy asked calmly then closed the projector.

"Remember, I have compromised to give him the rank of commander because nine of you here objected to his request. Now, don't tell me to let him die there because you hate his guts. We are here to end this war as fast as we can and stop bickering!" The Admiral of the Navy rebuked them all then sighed.

"I am fully aware that most of the Fleet Admirals here are monopolizing the information, but I can't remove them, because we lack people to replace them and they're afraid that their power will be stripped from them. But I recognized his efforts, that's why I put some of the best ships under his command, hopefully he could turn the tide." The Admiral of the Navy thought to himself as he is so stressed on what is going on.

After the meeting, he was the only one in the room, then his secretary came in. A blonde woman with a crown on her head wearing a beautiful dress, she's holding a book in her hand.

"Commander, you're tired you should rest." She advised him and stood beside the Admiral.

"Thank you, Richelieu... But, I can't. Not without giving him justice." He replied as he sighs heavily and looks up to the ceiling wondering when will this be over.

"Richelieu, do you think those Vichya ship girls we sent they're in good terms?" He asked worriedly.

"I believe so. After all, Commander Sieghart seems to be a pleasant man." Richelieu answered of course that is her opinion, which gave a slight relief to the Admiral of Navy.

Pride and Recognition (Azur Lane fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें